President appointments: Pence already filling in for Trump

Really? Hm. It might be.

Also could be.

10 Likes

For some reason I never get tired of that video.

7 Likes

Doesn’t Trump consider his duties to largely be watching Fox and Friends?

8 Likes

Could well be both

6 Likes

Honestly it’s a good political move. The worst thing you want is people to actually see you sick as proof you are going to die.

1 Like

I’ve never seen that. Sansa and Joffrey much?

1 Like

50% of America: Oh yeah, lib!? WATCH US!

13 Likes

The number one unbreakable rule for dictatorial strongmen and their wannabes is to never, ever show physical weakness. Wherever possible show manly strength stuff (c.f. shirtless Putin kickboxing or wrestling bears or whatever).

Show weakness and all the hero god emperor worshippers start to think they might be idolizing a false daddy figure.

The only thing worse is to be a buffoon and laughed at openly. That was already an issue.

7 Likes

that’s it! See? trump is officially “off the job”. Cancel his healthcare insurance.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Actually… :rofl:

1 Like

What happens with the presidential debates? I guess they are postponed, right?
Hopefully not cancelled, that eventuality would be so convenient for Donnie.

Biden shows up by himself. Versus an empty zoom screen.

Trump is the bus.

4 Likes

It’s not necessarily alarming yet, but it’s also not standard procedure. The Vice President isn’t the President, and there are actual, constitutionally required steps that need to be taken for the Vice President to serve as acting President. In the current circumstances, Trump, who doesn’t like to be bound by norms, may be testing what duties he can pawn off to Pence without actually transmitting a 25th Amendment letter. I’m not sure participation in a conference call is a presidential duty that he couldn’t delegate, but this still bears watching over the next few days.

1 Like

If Trump loses, FOX and CNN and MSNBC are going to do damned near nothing but report daily on the speculation of him running again in 2024. And Trump will do nothing to limit the speculation.

Cheney was Acting President twice, for about 2 hours each time, when George W Bush had a colonoscopy. George HW Bush was acting President for about 9 hours when Reagan had a colon cancer surgery.

5 Likes

If Trump loses, his $400 million in debt comes due, and he also loses whatever thin veneer of legal plausibility his resistance to the tax-fraud case in New York has.

Super tough to run a presidential campaign from Sing Sing.

9 Likes

So what you are saying is that assholes have historically played a prominent role in the invocation of the 25th amendment? Deja vu.

8 Likes

Eugene Debs managed to do it…

4 Likes