White House Infected: two staffers positive, Fauci quarantined, coronavirus task force members isolating

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/11/white-house-infected-two-staf.html

8 Likes

It’s obvious that Trump and Pence’s goal is to have as many infected people as possible, even if they have to do it themselves.

35 Likes

Say what you want about Bush&Cheney, they were smart enough to protect their own asses.

17 Likes

I wonder what the consequences would have been to tell Pence politely to shove it?

12 Likes

Ivanka Trump’s personal assistant has also tested positive. So the count is now three! Though technically the assistant isn’t White House staff, they are de facto, because of Ivanka’s position as senior adviser.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/496968-ivanka-trumps-assistant-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

24 Likes

One day we’ll look back and laugh :flushed:

1 Like

Don’t forget the infected Secret Service personnel. Unknown if they were on WH duty or not. (Probably)

14 Likes

We need to rekindle the old Honey Badger memes: virus don’t care.

Most powerful mob family in the world? Virus don’t care.
Want to go maskless in a mask factory? Virus don’t care.
Spouse has it, but you think you won’t get it? Virus don’t care.

27 Likes

Close but no cigar.

2 Likes

i love the hypocrisy: masks? don’t need 'em! social distancing, what’s that? let’s relax the restrictions, get the economy going, because the cure can’t be worse than the problem! THEN: oh, the virus has infected people near me? more tests for us! put those people in isolation! keep them away from me!

30 Likes

Not that I am wishing the president and VP suffer greatly from contracting “The Rona”. But if it happened, I would neither be surprised nor consider it unfortunate. I would also not be overly concerned with their condition.

I feel no need to be concerned with the lives of people who are utterly indifferent to 80,000 American dead in 3 month who actively undermine efforts to slow the epidemic.

24 Likes

Just in case anyone is wondering:

3 Likes

The virus is immune to Trump’s weapons: Bullshit lies, insults, angry tweets, and threats of lawsuits. But he is incapable at this point of learning any new tricks.

Also: I try not to take any joy in the misfortune of others, but keeping Steven Miller isolated and out of the WH has GOT to be a good thing.

22 Likes

I think he’s among the most dangerous members of the Trump misadministration, because he actually believes in something – vile, false, evil things, but still something beyond himself and his own aggrandizement. That gives him the kind of drive and purpose the rest are missing.

18 Likes

Whatever bad fate befalls Stephen Miller won’t come close to the flat out evil of his efforts putting children in concentration camps.

20 Likes

could care less about anyone in the administration, they will all get special treatment anyway if they get sick and the worst situation is they will never tell us if they get plasma with only a day or two of sickness and trump will say “see it’s not so bad”

meanwhile at 2000 deaths per day and that graph line is never ever coming down as everything “reopens”, June 1st will obviously be over 100,000 deaths - how is that even remotely acceptable? we’re just going to wipe out the US population 2000 people at a time every day now for the rest of the year? what kind of hell are we in?

14 Likes

Didn’t that happen during the Bush administration? Some guy told VP Darth Maul to go fuck himself at a public presser, post-Katrina? I want to say that he got questioned by the secret service?

7 Likes

It was in response to roughly the same thing said by Cheney shortly before, can’t recall to whom.

ETA:

Ah, it was Patrick Leahy.

9 Likes

“are you getting a lot of that Mr. Vice President?”

4 Likes

And the demons in his skull scream in glee after gaining full control over the tweeting synapses…

1 Like