Personal valet of Donald Trump tests positive for coronavirus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/07/personal-valet-of-donald-trump.html

11 Likes

karma, is that you knocking ever so lightly at the door?

32 Likes

If there is a god at all, anywhere- may something good come from this.

May the valet recover, but give it to trumplestiltskin the reptilian douchebag.

21 Likes

Yes… concerns. I myself am definitely… concerned.

23 Likes

quick – a shot of bleach to wash down this hydroxychloroquine

better make it two.

34 Likes

I wonder if it’s that long swab up the nose and into the sinuses technique. Isn’t that the most accurate test? And is there some other type of accurate test?

I wonder because it’s difficult to imagine Trump submitting to that every week.

23 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Although it does give one a warm fuzzy feeling imaging our fearless leader getting his nose reamed weekly.

17 Likes

23 Likes

21 Likes
3 Likes

Does this valet get tested everyday? What are the chances that Trump and Pence, without wearing masks, have it and just spread it to the Mayo Clinic and Honeywell this past week? Was the valent with them on those days?

10 Likes

apparently, they use this test:

12 Likes

God I feel so horrible for that soldier. And he’s got coronavirus.

33 Likes

If they didn’t catch it until there were symptoms, he could have been spreading it for a week.

If only there were some piece of simple equipment that could reduce the chance of an unknown carrier spreading COVID-19 in the air…

38 Likes

I can’t even begin to imagine what life as 45’s body man must be like. I try, but then my mind rebels like a freshman lit major perusing the back stacks at Miskatonic University.

18 Likes

My guess is that there was fierce competition for this and other WH positions among the True Believers initially. He may be (or have been) a Dolt 45 loyalist, believing all the unmitigated BS the Repugs have been feeding Americans from at least as far back as Reagan.

9 Likes

Jared and his in-laws must be shitting themselves right now. The level of hysteria must be very entertaining for Fauci, while he’s horrified at the same time.

6 Likes

The CDC says that people who feel healthy but recently had close contact with a person with Covid-19 should stay home and monitor their health. They should quarantine by staying home until 14 days after their last exposure and should check their temperature twice a day and watch for symptoms. The CDC also recommends they stay away from people who are at higher risk for becoming very ill.

The White House did not say whether Trump would adhere to those guidelines after his valet tested positive.

This is what all talk about this needs to coalesce on, right now.

The West Wing is a very, very densely populated office suite. Quarantine for Donnie means his bedroom in the Residence. (Fortunately, by all accounts, isolating himself from Melania and the son he named after his fake alter ego won’t require any changes.)

I don’t hope he gets it. Not even a mild case. Because there is not a chance in hell he won’t spread it to a hundred other people.

8 Likes

I for one am deeply concerned about his level of exposure to the virus. I fear it wasn’t enough.

8 Likes

That’s a distinct possibility, since it does make sense there’s be a rush for such a plum job. But then you meet the boss and actually are subject to the level of humanity he shows his underlings…the mind boggles.

2 Likes