White House photo shows aging white men clustered with Trump in small room without masks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/10/the-grim-reaper-is-coming.html

13 Likes

And I’ll bet that the ventilation is sub-par: successive jury-rigs added to the original mansion. (Better yet: how much air re-circulation is there? Does it have modern filtration?)

A couple hours in there would be perfect for a super-spreader event. Even if they test everyone at the door, one false-negative, and they’re done.

34 Likes

So you’re saying there’s a chance? :crossed_fingers: :mask: :crossed_fingers:

50 Likes

Thank goodness that those cabinet Bible-study meetings are safe! They’re too pure for that to happen.

17 Likes

The why? Toxic masculinity.

Is there any evidence this is actually recent? They’ve pushed out earlier photos giving a later date more than enough to question them.

15 Likes

“I would have loved to have gone up and hugged them because they are great. I had a conversation with every one, but we were very far away. You saw,” Trump continued. “Plus the wind was blowing so hard in such a direction that if the plague ever reached them, I’d be very surprised. It could have reached me, too. You didn’t worry about me, you only worried about them, and that’s OK because I think they’re so pure, it will never happen. Alright? They’ve lived a great life. But no, the wind was howling. And I didn’t see anybody with masks, I don’t know, maybe there were. But they were great.”

18 Likes

So this is what a “death panel” looks like?

36 Likes

Shhhhhhut-up.

Let the problem solve itself.

29 Likes

I wonder about this. Common sense opsec would mean that place was as tight as a drum with full defensive NBC measures. You’re probably right that if there was any system installed it would be antiquated; probably early Cold War era. However, I can’t imagine at least one of the administrations since Reagan hasn’t updated the systems.

That being said, even our most “secure” facilities have oopsie moments now and again.

Edited for clarity.

6 Likes

The caption reads, “How did we come to work for a real estate swindler?”

22 Likes

Given the shelf-life of members of Trump’s Cabinet, we should be able to narrow it to within a few days just by looking at who’s in the meeting.

23 Likes

Agreed, but also they’ll pass it on to others who may be trying to practice all the right things to not contract the virus.

6 Likes

What’s up with the map in the background? Who exactly is that there for?

7 Likes

I’m sure that the seal between the White House and the outside is good, but how well is it at isolating the inside rooms and offices from each other?

It’s probably a bit of a warren, with ad hoc offices added over the centuries. I doubt that they have separate air-returns for most of them.

3 Likes

Century singular – it’s at least as good as 1950s HVAC, so I would expect some isolated areas/rooms. 45 and 1600 Penn hail from the same era.

11 Likes

It looks like America’s leadership problem is going to solve itself. {fingers crossed}

3 Likes

For what’s worth, the White House has some longstanding structural issues.

11 Likes

A dangerous mix of hubris and criminal stupidity, thats what we see here.
They really seem to believe that all of their wealth and power will make the virus yield.

9 Likes

38 Likes

Even if it’s an old photo, sending it out sends a bad message- that the CDC guidelines don’t matter. Like everything Trump has done, this undermines the science and healthcare workers trying desperately to save all our sorry asses.

23 Likes