'Detrimental to my election success': Trump blames 'LameStream Media' for coronavirus shutdown

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/25/detrimental-to-my-election.html

Spoiler: Yes, he is responsible. No, he won’t begin to act responsibly any time soon.

12 Likes

I hereby propose that all future quotations of Donnie be rendered exclusively in Comic Sans.

35 Likes

We pretty much could see this coming, right? Trump will spread the blame around for his massive incompetence to anything and anyone besides himself and his cult will lap it up unquestioning.

Still quarantined? Well, it’s your governor’s fault you can’t go back to work…
Not quarantined? Blame your governor…

Repeat ad nauseam…

The truly depressing part is this tactic has a high chance of working.

42 Likes

Such presidential, so wow.

19 Likes

Simpsons font. Like comic scans but less readable and with a higher percentage of sarcasm

22 Likes

The death toll won’t matter, so long as Trump remains in power, preferably through re-election. If we have learned anything about the politics of gun control, it is this: the GOP can stomach a whole lot of death.

23 Likes

He correctly used and spelled “dominant” and “detrimental.”

He didn’t write this himself.

51 Likes

I see someone is going into rally withdrawal.

He needs applause to survive. Like Tinkerbell, except more likely to orchestrate murder over petty jealousies.

44 Likes

I sincerely hope it is detrimental to his election success, because he’s literally the enemy of all humanity at this point. There are no redeeming qualities to this man. Not one. What a weak, stupid, cowardly, selfish, willfully ignorant pile of shit. Anyone who believes him deserves what they get, I’m just sorry that they’re likely to take down innocent people with them.

37 Likes

That last link, the Narrated President Twitter account, is sane-making. Thank you.

5 Likes

James Buchanan: “Oops.”

Donald Trump: “Hold my Diet Coke.”

12 Likes

And yet…

Truly we live in the darkest timeline.

27 Likes

Even better, wingdings.

9 Likes

Donny Jr. had his girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle write it for him to give to dad. This is the most plausible explanation.

9 Likes

I suspect it will be followed with this.

5 Likes

I realize this comes across as elitist and condescending, but it’s like coal miners that realize Trump won’t bring their industry back, but vote for him anyway. People with no health care that demand he kill Obamacare. There are many people willing to martyr themselves for Trump.

23 Likes

Nothing a few strokes of a Sharpie can’t fix. “Millions are dying just fine.”

13 Likes

And all his speeches be overdubbed with Yakety Sax.

10 Likes

Why can’t this virus work for the people?

4 Likes

Popular with who? Who the hell is CNN poling?

5 Likes