Trump: 'I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter'

That focus on herd immunity was only used in the prime minister’s speech 10 days ago, after criticism the government quickly said the next day that it wasn’t the focus after all. The precise strategy is a bit vague now, but there are normal social distancing rules in effect (no gatherings, you have to be 1.5m apart, groups of 3 or more that are too close can get fined $400 etc). We may have quite good healthcare, but that won’t be enough when we reach max capacity (which won’t take long with the current infection rate).

13 Likes
14 Likes

He sounds like a sick pevert.

2 Likes

Trump is delusional. Trump is not just lying, because simple lying does not have such a powerful effect on an entire population. Trump’s delusions have been induced across an entire population of his supporters and other followers. Now an entire segment of the American people is delusional and detached from reality through Trump.

10 Likes

gummo.

10 Likes

Also – when we do muddle through this, in spite of whatever Trump has or hasn’t done, he will get and/or take the credit.

7 Likes

It’s a contagious mental illness.

11 Likes

6 Likes
11 Likes

well, i would love to have Trump and Pence incapacitated by the coronavirus so Pelosi could take control, but we can’t always get what we want, now can we?

8 Likes

11 Likes

tumblr_ntcsugn7O01rsxqqio1_250

19 Likes

Unfuck 45: IDGAF what he’d “love.”

C’mon, Karma… any time now.

14 Likes

The Netherlands has the health infrastructure to attempt building herd immunity.
The USA does not. We are already critically low on necessary health supplies.
ETA: and it doesn’t seem like that’s what they decided to go with anyway.

3 Likes

The People’s Temple were churchgoing folks, too, but let’s not create another Jonestown, mkay?

4 Likes

Well… I guess congregating in large masses during a pandemic is one way to get into the kingdom of heaven sooner…

3 Likes

Wow, I had always kind of clumped the Netherlands in with Scandinavia in terms of having sane enlightened governance. Sounds like theyve drunk the same koolaid as the UK.

There’s herd immunity, and then there’s resistance to new, unusual scientific data. I would have thought the asymptomatic spreading would have gotten leaders to rethink their approach!

2 Likes

That sounds very familiar

3 Likes

Hmm it put the picture of my empty dog up as well as the rabbit of the rock.

2 Likes
  1. Trump used the word “congregation” incorrectly.

2. The congregation I belong to is assuming we will not have Easter service and are already planning an alternative online service because we don’t want to kill our elderly members.

10 Likes