Trump, on coronavirus deaths: 'A lot of people love me... I guess I’m here for a reason.'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/20/trump-on-coronavirus-deaths.html

Another bananas White House coronavirus press conference.

5 Likes

47 Likes

“A lot of people love Trump”

He must have multiple personalities.

38 Likes

Great, now he’s referring to himself in the third person. Not sure this is new though.

22 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

32 Likes

Doesn’t the virus disproportionately effect his supporters?

I always thought he wasn’t actually stupid per se, just reckless and evil.

But I’d think even he knows if he truly just goes “fuck it, let the bodies hit the floor” the end result will be at best a Biden victory.

(And possibly also “the squad” rapidly gaining friends/influence)

That being said, I still will practice social distancing and stay home as much as possible because I’m not an evil fucking person

10 Likes

Ferfuxsakes!!

Trump makes Rodney Dangerfield look like the picture of self-composure.

5 Likes

Sir, your house is on fire.

I understand, but I turned the stove off, I turned it off hours ago. Many people said it was a bad idea, but I did it, I turned the stove off anyway. I turned it off before the house was even on fire. So I did take this very seriously.

Yes, but the house, it’s still on fire.

52 Likes

His name is Legion.

16 Likes

That’s not what I call him.

12 Likes

12 Likes

They were warned persistently what voting for him meant. Nevertheless, they persisted.

23 Likes

“I understand.”

I’d say this is by far Trump’s biggest, most egregious lie, except it probably isn’t a lie at all because he’s so Dunning-Kruger that he doesn’t even know he doesn’t understand.

29 Likes

Can’t totally rule out that current and past actions have included consideration of future segments on OANN for him and his Stepford Scions.

2 Likes

Shades of Bob Dole…
(Edit: @Anthonyl beat me to it.)

4 Likes

Your weird Mr. Trump is not really a new thing. I’m old enough to remember the evil and corrupt Ronald Reagan.
Those of us who don’t live in America assumed you’d see sense in 1984, but you re-elected him, and he was easily as evil and corrupt as the current guy, he just hid it better.

14 Likes

i’d like to think reagan wouldn’t be anti mask league 2.0ing he was lawful evil

4 Likes

…because America did really bad things in a past life?

19 Likes

Reporter: Are you concerned that downplaying the virus got people sick?

Trump (paraphrased, but not much): Why would I be concerned about contributing to people’s deaths? I still think I can win.

19 Likes

No, it makes sense he’d say that, given every sentence he says that starts with “a lot of people…” is a bald faced lie and he knows it. That non-sequitur says that, like all malignant narcissists, his lifetime of embarrassing bullshit stems from a deep-down understanding and fear of what a loathsome fuckup he is.

Hey Donnie, you pathetic turd, this is just a guess but I think it’s a safe one: everything your daddy said about you is true, and he was right to be ashamed. Most kids with abusive parents, you tell them it wasn’t their fault. In your case, it was. I mean, your dad was a sack of shit too, but you earned and deserved every awful thing he ever said or did to you, and nothing you will ever do in your miserable waste of a life can ever make up for it or get you out of his shadow. Just keep that in mind every night as you order another cup of covfefe because you’re afraid of what happens when you sleep.

19 Likes