British Prime Minister tests positive for Coronavirus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/27/british-prime-minister-tests-p.html

6 Likes

Great! Now he can be a beacon for his country and die for the well-being of the United Kingdom’s economy!

What a HERO!

45 Likes

tenor

37 Likes

I like the way you’ve photoshopped slits where most people have eyes.

So does everyone currently in 10 Downing Street need to stay there?

7 Likes

Fantastic, his nominated replacement whilst he’s self isolating is a man who forgot we were an Island…

This is going to work out amazing!

25 Likes

I’m just gonna take this from a post of mine in the coronavirus thread

(This video was posted before it was edited into the original post)

36 Likes

" I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus."

Now is the time for the Russians to hack Number 10’s video feed and deep fake Johnson saying whatever they want. Though it might be difficult to tell the difference between disinformation and Johnson’s usual Pfeffelling utterances.

In other news: I do wish him a full recovery. He might only just manage to scrape over the bar to count as a “human being”, but he is still, biologically, one of us.

23 Likes

Liked because Raab is an utter arsehole of the first order. But Johnson will only get replaced by Raab in the event of Johnson’s incapacitation. (Some might say that occurred years ago, though.)

13 Likes

The only point in his favour.

12 Likes

Do they still do that in Britain? Oh, incapacitation, not decapitation.

15 Likes

Personally, I prefer defenestration; so much more theatrical.

25 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Indeed, that’s some creepy-ass uncanny-valley shit right there.

Oh wait, it’s an unretouched photo of Boris’s actual appearance. <shudder>!

8 Likes

4 years ago, I would have agreed %100.

It’s been a long 4 years…

14 Likes

I bet he might think twice about dismantling NHS now!

Who am I kidding? The guy is a sociopath. He would do it AFTER he recovers.

16 Likes

Thankfully, maintaining social distance from Boris Johnson is not a sacrifice for just about anyone…

25 Likes

Can someone explain me how someone develops symptoms, gets tested, and gets results within 24 hours? How “mild” are your symptoms if you decide to follow up on them the same day they start? How do you get results that quickly? Do you have to be famous and British?

I have someone in my family who developed mild symptoms that could be broadly categorized as coronavirus-like last weekend. She waited until Wednesday before she felt bad enough to consider getting tested. Urgent care said she’d have results “in about 5 days”. It’s not clear whether that’s calendar days or business days – either way she’s still waiting.

(Insert standard indictment of US health care system here)

18 Likes

good to see the PM doing his bit to achieve herd immunity in the UK

And as Mr Cummings said, “if he dies, he dies”

21 Likes

I think it is completely reasonable for a head of government to jump to the head of the testing queue. (Son of a head of state, not so much.)

It isn’t. You might want to reread the forum’s rules, and follow the advice in the first one:

• Be cool.
9 Likes

If he takes Cummings with him, it is a sacrifice I am willing for him to make.

12 Likes