British Prime Minister tests positive for Coronavirus

Christ no - his deputy is Dominic Raab, a man who does a more than credible impression of a serial killer even when there isn’t a massive crisis.

8 Likes

I mean a pile of diarrhea also has human DNA but i wouldn’t consider it one of us.

16 Likes

I’m confident that he will be just fine.

In fact, I’m confident that every politician and well connected person who doesn’t already have health issues that will be complicated by the virus will be just fine. They have the means to get top-notch health care, are less likely to be refused a ventilator, and will be able to rest as much as necessary to allow full recovery. They are all very important people, after all.

I’m more concerned about any of the “lessers” they’ve been in contact with, while out and about glad handing. People without healthcare, or with subpar healthcare, that have to work every hour they can or lose what little they have.

18 Likes

And now the health secretary.

6 Likes

This fine gent is one my heroes, along with egg boi and green shirt guy…

12 Likes

A defective AI fed Burgess, Philby, Mclean, Kipling and Wodehouse and a Shorter Latin Primer.

7 Likes

Hrm… so… my prediction, his case will be very mild, he doesn’t see it as a big deal, and relaxes measures.

If he does have a bad case of it, maybe he will be properly vigilant.

4 Likes

Public officials bragging about “standing up to the virus” is akin to those scientists who would eat DDT on camera to “prove” it was safe… Just mindbogglingly stupid. And it’s having real effects on how people are acting.

Why is it so hard to just suggest that you shouldn’t shake hands and should maybe even wear a mask to not infect others? They’re afraid that the population will panic?

9 Likes

Or good ol’ one-man environmental catastrophe Thomas Midgley and tetraethyl lead.

10 Likes

Including Larry, the chief mouser?

12 Likes

Or John Gummer.

He had responsibility for food safety during the mad cow disease epidemic in 1989–90 which eventually claimed 178 British lives. At the height of the crisis in May 1990, he attempted to refute the growing evidence for BSE/Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease by feeding his four-year-old daughter a burger before press cameras.

13 Likes

This might be obsolete:

13 Likes

It’s revealing that governments seems incapable of distinguishing between panic and precautions (which if nothing else give people something to do and can stave off panic).

Larry for PM!

12 Likes

I’m sure with all that money that’s going to the NHS instead of the EU, he will receive best of care.

6 Likes

Now the chief medical officer for the U.K. has got it too

10 Likes

hang him out to dry. [boris] is one buffoon undeserving of our pity. Britain has great precedent for snap elections, use it maybe?

And the CMO.

2 Likes

Does every thread have to lead to ‘1618 vs 1793?’

1 Like

This is only one side of the story. Some would say the Coronavirus has contracted a bad case of Boris Johnson.

11 Likes

Health secretary matt hancock also has it. It’s almost as if their advice and procedures were mismanaged from the start. I caught a brief glimpse on the news of the rat cummings sprinting from number 10 like the vermin he is.

10 Likes