UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson in intensive care

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/06/uk-prime-minister-boris-johnso.html

7 Likes

Here’s hoping that he has a swift recovery.

15 Likes

Happens to the best of us. Happens to the worst of us. Good luck to everyone out there be they health providers, kids taking care of their kids’ grandparents, or nasty, ignorant, problem-causing, POS politicians put in places of authority by equally nasty people who can all…

Okay. Done. Good luck to everyone. Ending there.

26 Likes

He and everybody else, so we don’t run out of ICU beds and equipment.

16 Likes
16 Likes

Not gonna start showing sympathy for horrible people now that they’re suffering like the normal people who’s lives they helped make more horrible.

I’ll only be happy if he lives if the importance of listening to doctors and scientific fact concretes in his empty melon, and that him insisting he continued to shake hands of people may have helped spread this and kill others.

He’s got a lot to answer for. Spend your time in that bed thinking, Boris. You owe it to a lot of people.

41 Likes

A friend commented that Boris’s appointment of Dominic Raab as acting PM is clearly a strategy to discourage any of the nurses from pulling the plug on him.

38 Likes

At least we know one person he won’t have to compete with for a ventilator.

Neither good nor bad will come out of this (save the bad of a deserving person possibly losing out on a bed). If he lives this will be his proof of his innate superiority over those who die and if he dies a stable-full of interchangeable sociopaths stand ready to replace him.

I may yet be proven wrong, but if there’s a positive it’s that the damage he has caused to the UK and democracy in general is now basically done. The ravages of Coronavirus are pretty much set, and the UK’s deminishment on the world stage the new order.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/05/who-will-lead-us-through-these-troubled-times

3 Likes

I really dislike Boris Johnson and have no sympathy for him, however would not wish harm on him. I can only hope that this experience serves as a learning experience for him and that everything is not ok, that most people are less fortunate than him and will not get the proper care they need. If he’s learned nothing after all of this then i will gladly wish a pox on him.

7 Likes

He learned nothing from driving around in a lie covered bus to sell the UK on brexit. Learning isn’t really his thing… :-/

16 Likes

On the contrary, he learned that doing that made him Prime Minister.

22 Likes

True enough. Lying about healthcare funding is something he’d do again and again.

14 Likes

I doubt he’ll learn anything, but for the time being i will give him the benefit of the doubt. I won’t be holding my breath over him but i will give him a chance to disappoint me.

5 Likes

Why should he get all these chances?

11 Likes

I can certainly wish for him to be less of a garbage person can i not? Ultimately what happens is entirely up to him, not me.

4 Likes

Let’s put it this way: if Johnson comes out of this proclaiming a newfound love for humanity, I’m not going to be conned.

4 Likes

Regardless of one’s feelings about Boris him getting ill is an opportunity. If he learns nothing from the experience its ammunition his opposition can use against him.

1 Like

I’m certainly no fan of BoJo’s policies, but I thought we had rules here about celebrating the disease and silver linings?

The bigger problem I have with this is the UK strategy was from the start a “chase the herd immunity” strategy, and clearly BoJo believed in the strategy he was sold. And now it’s going to kill him and a lot of others. Here in the states, our guy doesn’t listen to doctors and picked wrong. Their in the UK, he DID listen to doctors, and picked wrong.

4 Likes

We do. Expect replies that step over that line to be eaten first.

13 Likes

The NHS assures us that Boris likes the tastes of his personal rectal thermometer.

7 Likes