Profanity Prohibited by Community Guidelines [NSFW]

For all those yet to have earned a timeout by virtue of flagging, please be informed that profanity is prohibited on BBS…

This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends
8 Likes

Oh, for fuck’s sake…

14 Likes

Is that really a direct quote? I kinda don’t fucking believe it.

22 Likes
18 Likes

Yup. Unfortunate but goddamn true. Apparently some editor was a little butthurt when the rules were drafted, even if they aren’t enforced all the time.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

But don’t tone police. That’s their job.

4 Likes

What if we have really fucked up family and friends?

38 Likes

Here’s the link that @tinoesroho is referring to:

Well I’ll be fucked. I’ve never had problems in the past with my use of profanity here and I’ve never been asked to tone my language down.

Maybe the guidelines assume you have cool family and friends. This place certainly isn’t optimized for “teh kidzz”.

19 Likes

Been awhile since I read it apparently, as that one seems to get a pass often. The always important to remember operative one:

• Enforcement may be lax or draconian as befits the whims of the Entity. The rude will be eaten first.

25 Likes

Trump isn’t family friendly. Wish I could flag his existence IRL.

16 Likes

I can’t be the only one steadily looking up all of those search hits in @null’s image.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Profanity is a religious concept, to curse or desecrate something. Talking about sex or bodily functions is not profane in most contexts. But cracking a religion-based joke at someone might be.

5 Likes

Well fucking nobody has fucking called me fucking out for posting fuck in the forums yet.

31 Likes

Yet I’ve been fucking flagged for fucking saying things like:

• Fuck JonTron
  • Fuck David Duke
  • Fuck Trump

It’s a weird, weird world.

11 Likes

36 Likes

Personally I think there’s a difference between cursing and cursing AT someone. “I really fucked up at work today” is different than “You’re a fucking noob, you uncle-fucker.”

That being said, fuck all those guys you mentioned, though.

30 Likes

I think I’ve attracted flags for fucking swearing, but I don’t know what the fuck they were flagging and I couldn’t really give a fucking shit anymore. :smiley:

17 Likes

Well, nobody fucking told me, damn it!

23 Likes

I don’t swear much on the boards, so I haven’t drawn a flag… yet. But I try to keep my potty mouth under control… mostly. :wink:

21 Likes
8 Likes