Prosecutors uncover damning recording: Trump held classified Pentagon file

The problem is it’s Trump talking so you’ve got about 50/50 chance that he’s telling the truth or he’s lying.

The conversation is essentially “Oh Milley said he needed to stop ME from invading Iran? HE’s the one who wanted to invade Iran and I’ve got a classified document that proves it waves a random paper at hand and I’d show it to you but it’s classified so I can’t prove it but I could if I declassified it which I could have done…”

7 Likes

Lock him up!

3 Likes

True that; Trump is such a firehose of lies that when he says “This is illegal but I did it anyway”, the “did it anyway” part is not really self-incrimination. But the first part makes it harder to argue in court that “I genuinely thought that it was legal”.

4 Likes

:thinking:

Internet Thinks Trump Tweeted A Healthcare Binder Full Of Blank Pages

White House photos of Trump "working" in hospital show him writing own name on blank piece of paper | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Fixed it.

2 Likes

I’ve not read a lot of PKD, (sheep, darkly, stranger, cat, and troopers is all) I would say based on my limited sample that endings are not satisfying or unsatisfying. Merely endings. Closest to satisfying was stranger I guess.

But this is of course a divergence of topic.

My reality more closely resembles an (earlier) Gibson-esq tune. Except, I as main character (aren’t we all our own protagonist?) hopefully won’t rise to notoriety or consequence-actor in the current state of things.

1 Like

Maybe not at the time this was posted, but it’s being widely covered now. Oddly enough, I can’t find any mention of it on the Fox News site though…

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that WaPo finally picked it up. Others now. But it seems strange that for 8-12 hours no major outlets followed up on what seems like a pretty big bombshell.

4 Likes

Right place, right time.

1 Like

This one could get REALLY real for him.

Former President Donald Trump “will be charged” with federal crimes under the Espionage Act, according to Ryan Goodman, former special counsel to the general counsel of the U.S. Department of Defense.

4 Likes

Big ol’ binders full of nothing…the picture says it all.

1 Like

I know how you feel.

The number of times we’ve been assured it’s an open-and-shut case, but he’s managed to slip the noose…it’s discouraging, maddening, and downright infuriating.I think we’ve seen conclusive evidence that on top of the deep pockets level of justice, there’s a presidential level that goes WAAAAAAAY beyond even that.

1 Like

… unless we’re referring to “The Hanging Stranger” we may be mixing up Dick and Heinlein :confused:

3 Likes

Oh you are mistaken… it is I that was mixing up authors! Thank you for that catch! I guess scratch my original post as mind-rot :thinking:

1 Like

I want to read the PKD version of Starship Troopers

5 Likes

That sounds like Haldeman’s pitch for “The Forever War”.

1 Like

… in “Oh to Be a Blobel” he skipped the war and wrote about disabled veterans’ issues instead :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.