Legal Eagle: Trump's "delete footage" order could mean 20 years prison for all three charged

Originally published at: Legal Eagle: Trump's "delete footage" order could mean 20 years prison for all three charged | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I will believe it when I see it. So much noise, so little handcuffs.

36 Likes

It’s like a conspiracy of Keystone Cops, only dumber.

15 Likes

Little as in for his small hands?

13 Likes

This should be a lesson to all future Presidential wanna be’s. If you think you can ignore the two large men in pin stripe suits who visited you in the oval office after your inauguration…

There will be consequences!

-joe

6 Likes

“Don’t commit Federal crimes and definitely don’t engage in incompetent coverup attempts after you’re under Federal investigation for those crimes” is pretty good advice for anyone regardless of whether they have Presidential ambitions.

17 Likes

At our level you are very correct, Senators and above… maybe…

5 Likes

This is what I simply can’t understand about MAGAts who still insist Hillary should be “locked up” because she “kept some classified material on a private email server” - when you have Tr*mp literally waving highly classified military attack plans around in the air to friends; storing boxes and boxes of highly sensitive materials in unsecured locations and now deliberately and willfully misleading the FBI and conspiring to destroy evidence. Yet not only do they not care, they cheer louder for him.

15 Likes

“But he wuz PREZIDENT, so it’s OK he did it!” /S

9 Likes

In this case, both little AND few.

5 Likes

They’re going to arrest him any minute again, just like last campaign season

5 Likes

My guess is the poor schmuck in IT is going to serve 60 years for all three of them.

8 Likes

pretty much this ^

he was their guy, and since he can do no wrong, nothing he’s done is wrong. it’s all about the mean evil people who are out to get him

hillary meanwhile is a woman. and a democrat at that.

6 Likes

he might be okay if he didn’t know why he was deleting what he was deleting. if he knew and did it anyway, then yeah: he’ll be the first - and possibly only one - to go

3 Likes

Obligs:

GIF by Giphy QA

3 Likes

Wilhoit’s law
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

It’s, sadly, perfectly logical, given the value system in question.

10 Likes

So much noise, SUCH little handcuffs.

(fixed it fer ya!)

2 Likes

The IT guy was the one person in the superseding indictment who seems to have kept his hands clean by saying “I don’t know how to delete those files and I’m not sure I’m legally allowed to if I did.” If he’d actually done what was asked of him he’d be screwed.

So chalk one up for the tech guy for failing to act on a support request, I guess.

19 Likes

Can any folks here with legal training tell me: it looks like the new charges are amended to the existing indictment (true?). If so, does that mean these new charges will also be heard by Judge Cannon, in a court located in a conservative part of Florida where you can’t throw a brick without hitting at least one blinkered TFG supporter who will cause a hung jury?

Do the new documents found in Bedminster mean a trial in New Jersey? Or do the Bedminster documents become part of the Florida trial?

ETA: I’m not trying to say every case against TFG is hopeless. I’m just not holding out a lot of hope for the Florida / Cannon trials.

2 Likes

They’re fine. Trump pardoned them for any future crimes in his mind before he left office.

5 Likes