Pseudoscientific terror ended fluoridation in Calgary, now kids' teeth are rotting

Sure, sure. Just be aware that you moved to the top of the list of suspects.

11 Likes

Two fish in a tank.

One turns to the other, says “how do you drive this, then?”

10 Likes

Or could it be two separate people are citing the same actual reality? The sources of the problems are not really my core point (that would be the elimination of the problems), but I guess it’s theirs? But it’s certainly a part of the picture.

We are going to disagree on what “actual reality” is …

4 Likes

I personally never eat anything that would kill fish if submerged in their tank.

“Freebased fluoride” would have been slightly better, but the whole thing is weak-sauce.

I blame it on the strongly-fluoridated Chicago water my own mother drank while I was pregnant. My dentists have blamed that for my discolored teeth and their ability to deflect bullets. Never had a cavity, but I need to floss more than I do.

2 Likes

Aha, Chicago. Well, here’s some food for thought:

Chicago used water department employees’ homes to test for lead
(theguardian.com, Jessica Glenza in New York, Friday 19 February 2016 12.32 EST)

New evidence suggests that the way US water is tested for lead is vulnerable to conflicts of interest that raise questions about data confirming tap water’s safety. The new evidence could cast further doubt… Chicago is reported to have as many as 400,000 lead service lines, and up to 80% of the lines that bring water to homes are reported to be lead.

A Guardian investigation has discovered that in the US’s third most populous city the testing regime for lead involves using its own employees’ homes. “This does raise significant concerns about a conflict of interest,” said Marc Edwards, the Virginia Tech scientist and MacArthur Genius Award winner who helped expose the ongoing crisis in Flint. The Guardian’s analysis of records from the city of Chicago’s water management department, which serves 5.4 million residents, reveals that of the 51 homes analyzed for lead contamination in the city in the last round of testing, at least two dozen were the agency’s own current employees… The city’s most recent consumer confidence report, a federal requirement, found 6.6 parts per billion of lead in 90% of homes testing. That is below the federal limit of 15 parts per billion.

“It has also been a long-term mystery why the Chicago water department has never found problems with high lead in Chicago water,” said Edwards…

(full article: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/19/chicago-water-department-testing-lead-flint-michigan )

Hello troll! Lead is not flouride, and flouride is not lead. Hope that helps!

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

…is F-ed up?

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Let me spell it out then, again, but with all the words and ideas bunched closely together such that it might be a thought small enough to fit in your mind, with all due respect:

Research has shown that Fluoridation multiplies the harm of lead by increasing its bodily uptake, as evidenced by blood-lead levels when measured, where both are present in the potable water consumed.

4 Likes
3 Likes

No respect discerned, nor expected.

The burden of spelling it out it upon you in each and every case. Especially when everybody already knows you’re like Whistler’s mother sitting on a rug.

2 Likes

Or a groupie that has switched her affections.

1 Like

#OFF YOUR ROCKER 

2 Likes