Public Domain Game Jam: what games can you design with the bounty of 1924?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/01/irving-berlin-george-gershwin.html

6 Likes

I wish I had the time and energy to take part in this. I can’t wait to hear what people come up with.

5 Likes

Ok, I think. Yes more thoughts happening…
This sounds fun! I shall co-op the kiddos and see if we can make something little whipper snappers can enjoy.

1 Like

And just like that I’m compelled to create a card game where people have to put a movie together in the style of Segundo or Méliès.

3 Likes

Fisticuffs!

2 Likes

“The Thief of Bagdad” from 1924 would make a fun side-scroller. Jumping chasms, avoiding traps, swordfights. . . .aaaaaaand I just realized I’m describing “Prince of Persia” from 1989. Curse you Jordan Mechner!

7 Likes

Or the Alladin movie tie in games for the SNES and Genesis

2 Likes

When I clicked through to the article I thought for a moment I was looking at the source image Aimee Mann used for her album The Forgotten Arm:

My mistake, I wasn’t. But still, artistic cross-pollination/overlap/inspiration, etc. :slight_smile: Also, Aimee Mann is awesome. I listened to her incredible version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas quite a bit over the past couple weeks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.