Puma loses 3 cup shuffle game, but it turns out fine in the end

Pumas are usually smarter than that. “Silly hooman, I’ll pretend to lose so it feels clever.”

Because stupid? :rofl:

(To be fair it may be a rescue due to actual brain damage.)

Oh, you know them too.

3 Likes

Pete

11 Likes

As a runner who runs in cougar country, I’m always ready to yell, “I’M LOADED WITH CHOLESTEROL!”

16 Likes

The puma’s name is Messi, and he owns a Russian couple who he allowed himself to be adopted by when he was quite young and ailing. He’s just a big kitty.

14 Likes

Undoubtedly the voiceover was done by Michael Palin.

3 Likes

My mom was jumped by a “playful” cougar. The cat was being walked on a leash at the zoo he lived at ( this was the “Cougar with the golden tooth” that appeared in one or two Disney movies in the 1960s ). The cougar jumped up and put his paws on my mom’s shoulders, and then sort of spun her in mid air and jumped on top of her. The handler didn’t know what to do; he just said things like “he’s never done this before”, and, “he likes children” ( to which I replied, “to eat?” I was six, so cut me a break :slight_smile: ) Anyway, after a little munching on my mom and no action from the handler, my dad, still holding a tightly rolled cigarette in one hand, calmly walked up and stomped on the cougar’s tail. This did the trick :slight_smile: . My mom only had some small punctures and a swollen toe ( the munched part ) so no harm relatively speaking. I wanted to take her now ripped and blood spotted slacks to school for show and tell, but no dice :frowning:

18 Likes

Holly shit that is so fucking wrong.

5 Likes

Well, now I know my kitty is smaller than a puma. But he’s still bigger than a bobcat.

2 Likes

They have just finished building a larger house out in the country. Messi has been out there and he loves it.

5 Likes

No offence to your mom, but that sentence is normally in a slightly different order…

10 Likes

A jolly young fellow from Yuma
Told an elephant joke to a puma.
Now his skeleton lies
Under hot western skies.
The puma had no sense of huma.

– Ogden Nash

13 Likes

I rest my case.

7 Likes

he clearly loves the hell out of his people, too. it’s terribly adorable. they’re one of my favorite instagrams.

6 Likes

What’s unnerving about bigger cats is how bulky they are.

It’s not like housecats are weak; but (excluding certain breeds) there’s a lot of floof in their outline and they get way skinnier when wet. This one not so much. That makes it hard to ignore the fact that their feline silhouette is pretty much muscle wrapped around as much bone as the biomechanics requires; with just a thin fuzz layer.

It’s like the difference between a standard, dubiously athletic, human and some of the great apes.

8 Likes

Or the difference between a Dino 166P and a Ferrari P4. :sunglasses::red_car::checkered_flag:

1 Like

I love Messi but it’s very hard to see him in an apartment (and in a neck collar instead of a body halter!!!) although he is deeply loved and well cared for. On the other hand, it’s interesting to see the interactions with his “pride.” The love he has for his humans is undeniable and if in the wild, it’s easy to imagine the close relationships these cats would have with their cat families.

3 Likes

Messi takes his shower with remarkable aplomb. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.