Puppy, 4 weeks old, makes cutest sound in the world

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/21/cute-puppy-asmr.html

12 Likes

Thank you, Xeni.

13 Likes

Very cute. Don’t let them eat till their belly is swollen like that.

8 Likes

Well @xeni is incorrect about cutest sounds in the world. Objectively, Teddy the porcupine eating pumpkin makes the cutest sounds in the world:

But xeni gets all the ups for teh qte. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Super cute, but I know some people who would cringe at those smacking sounds.

6 Likes

Amazing what a few thousand years of selective breeding will do.

And then there’s this cute sounding cat (named Teddy) who wants something… and it ain’t pumpkins; watch to the end:

11 Likes

Meh, baby otters win.

23 Likes

Oooh! Nice!

Except for the screamy bit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When did greyhound-shaped cats become a thing? It’s honestly a trifle unnerving.

1 Like

I know what you mean; one wag on YT said that the kitty looks like Adam Driver.

3 Likes

If a puppy makes smacking sounds when he eats, that’s cute. When a human does it, not so much.

I still remember an incident from about 35 years ago, when “salad bars” were all the rage in fast food restaurants, and I was waiting in line at one of these, behind an enormously overweight man who kept smacking his lips loudly until he finally reached the food. I remember seeing him start to drool – visible drool out of both corners of his mouth – and that was the point where I decided that I didn’t really need a salad that evening anyway.

4 Likes

I’d say that your observation can safely be generalized well beyond the present case; indeed, to a substantial percentage of puppy behavior.

2 Likes

Ah, the lure of fresh laundry - no kitteh can resist…:smirk_cat:

4 Likes

That (and the images of people eating) was one of the concerns of Gabriel Axel when he was directing Babette’s Feast, and especially so due to the apparent age of the actors. Either he was very successful in addressing that (direction/editing), or his concern was unnecessary from the get-go; everything looked and sounded fine to me!

1 Like

Thanks, @xeni. :purple_heart:

1 Like

oh god I’m worried someone is accidentally going to turn the dryer on while he is in there one day!!!

Woot! I don’t get to use this one often enough.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.