Puppy tries to convince cat to play

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/03/puppy-tries-to-convince-cat-to.html

8 Likes

Something about this reminds me of the various people who’ve cornered me on the bus in order to engage me in crazed, frankly unsettling, conversation(I’d say monologue but those don’t involve insistent demands for audience response).

Not hostile; and clearly animated by a distorted echo of benign social sentiment; but just so far gone that it’s deeply uncomfortable.

I think it might be the eye movement.

18 Likes

Aloof meets Woof.

14 Likes

Cat: when you go to sleep tonight I’m going to smother it.

Aussie sheepdogs have visible whites in their eyes. Somehow that doesn’t make an animal look more human, it always just makes them look insane.

23 Likes

Fortunately, the Aussie is probably in no particular danger. It took my daughter’s old cat years to get her Aussie to understand his place in the social order, so by the time the baby came along he was content to sneak occasional kisses but mostly play pillow.

6 Likes

Of course the cat is laying on the mail. Of course :purple_heart:

17 Likes

I’d play with that dog for two hours right now.

5 Likes

I’m reminded of the response I got earlier today when I texted my girlfriend a picture of our cats on the couch, the male staring pointedly at the clearly-interested-in-her-own-thing female: “She looks like every woman ever before a man hassles her”

8 Likes

Damned extroverts.

14 Likes

Cat, “Just… fuck off.”

1 Like

Apart from anything else that cat is probably fairly elderly – my parents had a Birman, and his coat didn’t look like that until he was well into his teens.

When he was younger, he was similarly laid back about the dogs bothering him. They used to corner him and lick him all over whenever he came in the cat flap… until the day he corrected them. They healed up pretty good though.

7 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

lolcatsdotcompy5gc6pdtdj34erx

17 Likes

Doggo is lucky the cat didn’t biff him one, on general principles.

4 Likes

Aussie shepherds are pretty insane, in my experience.

4 Likes

Reminds me of one time when there was this person on a bus angryly talking to himself. This, in and of itself, it not all that unusual. But this person was deaf and and was angryly signing to himself.

5 Likes

The pup is making eye contact with the owner, and probably asking for confirmation that this particular animal is the one the pup is supposed to be herding.

Aussie pups herd cats, feet, children, birds, guests, tennis balls, anything that should be in a cluster but isn’t.

3 Likes

Oh, and Lego.

2 Likes

That look:

“What? What’d I do wrong???”

1 Like