Putin: Russian state didn't hack U.S. elections, but “patriotically minded” private Russian hackers maybe did

There’s the topic. There’s the pepper.

We know that the agency in charge of certifying voting machines was itself hacked. We also know that same agency was shut down by a House panel that is made up of 6 republicans and 3 democrats.

I’m suggesting that since we know Russian hackers took action during the election coupled with the fact that our machines are ridiculously insecure and the fact that the now shuttered agency who certifies machines was indeed hacked we are left with a great deal of uncertainty as to the legitimacy of this election. In my view, given the facts at hand, the suggestion that machines were not hacked seems incredulous.

oops forgot this tidbit. many of our machines cannot be paper audited. These would be your primary targets for hacking.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-machines-idUSKCN11Q0EU

1 Like

You wouldn’t get a conviction in an English court based on that though.
The fact is, as I understand it, that HRC got comfortably more votes but, owing to the Electoral College system (which is bonkers in its lack of consistency) she lost the election. Frankly, I suspect Republican strategists with computers over Russians with computers in that one.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.