Putin's spokesman confirms it received email from Trump's personal lawyer during presidential campaign

Central? Like, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg? We could argue about Belgium, given the recent past of having no elected government for quite some time. Poland, well, given the most recent government, I see where that ain’t working, not the way they do it. They’ve moved to a refrigerator, or a bad colour TV series.

(Disclaimer: Pulling your leg slightly, the “western” definition based on political history rather than on geography always makes me chuckle a bit.)

I am, FTR, inclined to agree on what you wrote, but ever since Hungary started to go postal, I am a bit worried. Also FTR, Australia is far away on my mental map of the world, but the Abbott governments move towards climate change denial politics made me question the sanity of their voters. But then, Murdoch. Well.

I was thinking mostly of Poland and Hungary. For no sensible reason, in my head “eastern” Europe starts at Russia.

1 Like

Like most places, Oz is roughly 1/3 decent folks, 1/3 arseholes and 1/3 idiots. Unfortunately, as you note, Murdoch owns the media and idiots are easily swayed.

If America goes fully fascist, Australia will almost certainly follow.

1 Like

That’s nearly 1000 km (500?) farther east than for most Europeans… :smiley:

1 Like

So I only missed it by a little bit? :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.