Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

I was a Regular, once, for like five minutes… :frowning:

13 Likes

Eat more fruit!

16 Likes

I certainly don’t engage enough to sustain it.

Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member.

I would not be surprised if that’s a kind of high-water mark when I did hit Regular unexpectedly. I’m not as active as other folks by a long shot.

5 Likes

You’re the Bridge Bingo Caller, apparently. You don’t want to pile on too many responsibilities.

8 Likes

You’re still one for the time being, at any rate. Live it up while you can! :wink:

12 Likes

OK, now Discourse is just messing with me:

(To be clear: I’ll take it!)

20 Likes

hide GIF

22 Likes

A real Black Flag seen in the wild. Weird.

8 Likes

I have no notice of having been flagged for that comment, FWIW.

7 Likes

You weren’t.

8 Likes

it looks like, for whatever reason, it thinks it’s being hovered over. Bug report for the phone version?

3 Likes

Seems I can induce it by pressing where the flag is while scrolling. I tend to press heavily on the phone screen

5 Likes

That is kind of what I was thinking - I have not seen that particular thing, but I have seen similar

4 Likes

Well mystery solved I guess!

7 Likes

Can confirm in Chrome on Android (in dark mode!)

4 Likes

I have a question. Sometimes when I’m scrolling through a thread I see the orange pencil of shame on my replies when I haven’t edited them. Am I boing boinging wrong?

I guess that’s more of an observation followed by a question.

3 Likes

Is it orange or light brown? The system will do auto-edits under certain circumstances ( like an unnecessary quote of the immediately previous post). I think that is indicated with a light brown pencil icon.

6 Likes

This can happen if you reply to the post above you and quote the entire post in your post. BBS deletes the quote

(Which this post would have demonstrated but @duketrout snuck in with an accurate, but faster response)

6 Likes

I did have the question about the difference between the two. Thank you for the clarification. Usually it’s been orange, though. It happens to a lot of posts in the meme-versation.

5 Likes

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

6 Likes