Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

(Though of course I can’t speak for that user…)

I think it’s just a little silliness—doing a mashup of the tropes “Take me to your leader” and “I demand to speak to a manager”

5 Likes

I was just imagining a crossover of “take me to your leader” and “I want to speak to the manager”.

tom jones film GIF

But that joke fell flat.

Stand-Up Lol GIF by Muppet Wiki

Mars Attacks Peace GIF

6 Likes

Looks like something is broken. Usually at the bottom of any comment thread are links to other threads. That seems to have vanished?

@moderators something funky going on here

6 Likes

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

6 Likes

Same.

5 Likes

Yep. No links to other watched threads. Do not like.

6 Likes

Looks like it’s mobile only. It’s fine for me on desktop, not on mobile. Firefox on both.

7 Likes

This is really annoying.

4 Likes

And it appears to be fixed. Thank you to whomever fixed this!!!

8 Likes

@orenwolf Don’t think the front page is supposed to have this on top:

3 Likes

I mean, that Beschizza shoop of MTG is pretty horrifying, but it’s kind of par for the course when it comes to – OH you mean the code bleed-through.

7 Likes

Yeah, in addition to the code, I don’t think MTG is a wonderful thing. But I’m not disappoint. Really, I’m not.

4 Likes

Good thing, too. I hear there’s a list.

5 Likes

MUST … CLICK … ON THE BAIT :fishing_pole_and_fish:

3 Likes

Using Brave, a VPN, and public WiFi, I often get warnings that I am editing in another window. Which I am not. I can dismiss this, and recently noticed the warning sign above.

I suspect this happens whenever I am hopping between access points, and maybe also between mobile data and WiFi.
However, should this be the case? Is this the Discourse backend working properly, or is this a bug which should be prevented?

2 Likes

That one’s definitely a better question for meta.

4 Likes

True. Question which is warranted before reporting: anyone else noticed this type of behaviour?

1 Like

I get it occasionally. Not often enough that I could specify any cause.

2 Likes

TIL you can add proper alt text to images in Discourse.

On desktop:

1. In the left pane, paste or upload your image.
  2. In the right pane, mouseover the image preview and click the pencil. A text box will appear and you can edit the default alt text.

It's Bowser, the spiky turtle-dragon villain from the Super Mario series, as depicted in Super Paper Mario.

Not sure about mobile, tho.

6 Likes

Looking at the text box in desktop, it looks like the alt is in the tag, so you should be able to edit it there after it’s inserted. Haven’t tried it though.

4 Likes