Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

I used to be able to comment or post images directly from my (Android device) tablet, but recently I have not had the red comment button displayed when I want to log in or view comments.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? I have always used Mozilla’s Firefox in private mode, and as far as I know, I haven’t made any changes to my settings.

2 Likes

Are you using an adblocker? This happened to me using uBlock Origin on the desktop, when I had some social plugins filter enabled (Fanboy’s, maybe?). It was overly aggressive in blocking the “Tweet / Share / Comment” block on individual articles on the main BB pages. I eventually disabled that filter entirely to fix the problem and just manually blocked everything but “Comment”.

3 Likes

Okay, that may be it. I haven’t done any revisions to my adblockers lately, but I will check.

3 Likes

It’s possible an existing filter pack you’re subscribed to added a new filter during a background update.

3 Likes

I tried to select some text to quote with mobile Firefox on Android, and it wasn’t happening. I could select text on other web pages, so it’s not text selection in general.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place to post feature suggestions, but it would be awesome if there were a BBS setting that automatically expanded the full post from the main site at the top of the BBS thread. That way, one could use the BBS exclusively and never even have to go to the main site.

Yes, I know it’s just a matter of clicking the button, but it would be great if the full post could be automatically shown by default or preference.

2 Likes

For those amongst us who might be badge completionists… does anyone know how to find the “advanced user tutorial” that awards the Licensed badge? Actually, this also applies to the bronze Certified badge for the beginner’s tutorial.

I know not all the extant badges are actually supported on BBS, but these two have awardees as recently as last month… but not that many awardees at all. Maybe that’s part of the challenge, like a scavenger hunt?

4 Likes

You get the badge just by finding the tutorial I’m guessing. Clearly you’re an advanced user

3 Likes

Send a message:

@discobot start new user

That’s for the beginner tutorial

3 Likes

Or this…

@discobot start advanced tutorial

4 Likes

There’s a bot?! Discourse has bots?!

I learn something new every day…

5 Likes

Comes as standard with discourse feature set i guess. :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

… that’s what in the business they call a “discoverable feature” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Sex-Robot-the-whitest-kids-u-know-18070670-320-240

9 Likes

Nuts, i should have typed that with the code tags because it’s now messaging me. I wish i could quit you, discobot.

6 Likes

I guess you’re doing the tutorial again, huh?

7 Likes

If i must! Also deleting the message further initiates more gameification.

7 Likes

Thank you for taking one for the team :grimacing::+1:

7 Likes

Another certificate to print out and stick on my wall. :stuck_out_tongue:

Until next time, discobot.

10 Likes

Welp, I’m now freshly certificated (and licensed!) thanks to the guidance of @politeruin and @MrShiv!

6 Likes