Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

Oi, Bots! Stop protecting the post! I wanna read the Full Post!

public notice: the following blur is to be read in the voice of Mr. Karl Urban:

“Sam, you want me to 'ave a word wiv them twats?”

10 Likes

I am also seeing this when I click to go to what was being replied…

7 Likes

Would that still be effecting the Discourse app interface?

5 Likes

You meant that, didn’t you?! Really interesting use of “effect” there….cool!

7 Likes

Off-topic but it seems like the latest bit of BB/Discourse entropy. First comments links go to BBS home and in recent days they’ve been going randomly to ‘Oops no such page’ pages. Now ‘show full post’ is gone.

@codinghorror @orenwolf Are you aware? Is it a Discourse thing? Is someone on the case?

3 Likes

I think it’s really swell that even with so many users, BBbbs is willing to be the guinea pig and alpha tester for the new releases of Discourse on the live site.

9 Likes

Header stuff is working for me. (Thank goodness!) I had to toggle the checkbox, save, and reload the page. Safari iOS.

It’s being looked at. There’s lots of posts on it here.

8 Likes

I wonder if ‘show full post’ issues are a symptom if something wider. It’s the wider entropy I’m concerned about.

(And I posted that off-topic comment elsewhere so never saw posts here, until I arrived here to find my re-directed post.)

4 Likes

There was a post that blamed the anti-bot protections for the show full post issues

8 Likes

Upthread, from @sam

I hope it gets fixed soon. I get that neither @Sam nor @beschizza are either responsible for nor can fix the issue, but if you can’t read the “Full Post”, then what’s the point of the “New Topic” button. Nobody gets to read it.

7 Likes

And now ‘highlight to do quotations’ is not working properly:

11 Likes

Another thing that’s gone a bit weird is unrolling previous posts inline. if I open up the post that a subsequent post replies to, I see both the first post and the subsequent post in the unroll:

e.g., if I click on the “ficuswhisperer” chip in the upper right here:

I get this:

Note that both the original message AND the message where I clicked the chip are shown in the unroll.

10 Likes

I’m getting that duplicate answering post thingy too.

windoze 7, (obviously) legacy Firefox

5 Likes

Show Full Post is working again! Yay! (iOS with Discourse app)

20 Likes

Show Full Post is back :confetti_ball:

ISTR there being a hide post button available after the post unrolls, but i could be imagining things :thinking:

9 Likes

Shush, don’t jinx it!

11 Likes

Ha ha ha ha.

5 Likes

We’re still seeing the thingie at the bottom of the page, tho. Is that just… the new reality? :thinking:

5 Likes

I think ficuswhisperer found a fix for it:

4 Likes

What checkbox? On the profile page somewhere?

4 Likes