Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

Well you can always get an entire archive of all your posts, including deleted ones, via the download / export link on your profile page. Granted this is extreme overkill if all you want to see is “that one post” which was removed, but… it is there.

9 Likes

It looks like the Discourse team took this to heart, because I just got several messages with both the flagged text and my own reply included.

Thank you, Discourse team, this is fantastic!

thank you gracias opti

15 Likes

This feature has been added, so the full post will be included in the removal message! :ear:

18 Likes

Excellent news, thank you so much for doing this!

14 Likes

Anyone else having trouble uploading images to the BBS? Recently (like last 3-4 days) I’ve had an issue where the uploading progress gets to about 51% and then… “Sorry, there was an error uploading that file. Please try again.” It doesn’t matter if it’s a pasted file, pasted image, drag-and-dropped image, or browsed-to image. The only thing that still works for me is pasting in a link to the image, if it’s online.

3 Likes

I haven’t had that recently but it pops up every once in a while. Are you posting from your phone? If so, try switching between wifi and wireless to see if it clears up. That’s worked for me.

7 Likes

I think @DukeTrout may be on to something. I also noticed this happening more recently and I exclusively use my phone since my computer is company property.

8 Likes

@Melizmatic is struggling with this on memes as well.

6 Likes

But if you reply by email, you get a badge! (at least, the first time)

5 Likes

Well, alright then! I’m replying by email right now!!

(Though as you might guess, I did check out the new posts on the thread first, because I’m like that.)

ETA: Got the badge within moments.

5 Likes

So as far as gifs go, recently Discourse switched to compressing them on-the-fly in your browser when uploading. I wonder if something there is causing the issue with gifs not working.

Either way, meta.discourse.org is probably the place to have that conversation, since there are now thousands of discourse instances and a really good chance someone will have the same problem and contribute more data over there then just us mutants can :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Today i can’t seem to copy-paste URLs into comments. I’ve had to enter manually.

Brave on android.

3 Likes

Just a follow-up, i can copy-paste text just fine. Only URLs are affected.

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o’er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

6 Likes

As an fyi, I received this follow-up from Discourse dev @zogstrip today. Thanks to him and the rest of the team.

7 Likes

I guess I should have said a new security “feature” :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Turns out it was one of my browser extensions. I should have checked those first

4 Likes

They fixed the “feature” which should end up in the next version of Chrome (aka v99).

5 Likes

Can’t log in with Facebook anymore. Has that feature been discontinued?

2 Likes

Yes. Sorry about that, I think I’d checked and nearly no one was using it. But you’ll need to choose another login option (or use the Discourse default).

5 Likes

How would I preserve my provile or is that not possible?

2 Likes