Qatar Airways's new business class seats are too nice to do actual business in

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/23/qatar-airwayss-new-business.html

5 Likes

“Hey baby, want to join the mile-high club comfortably?”

5 Likes

Awwww yeeeeeah, it’s business time

6 Likes

I manage to do it, but then again I’m primarily using work as a distraction from the crippling discomfort of the tiny seats, so I’m probably supporting your point here.

2 Likes

I don’t understand people who obsess about working on planes. I’m out like a light bulb within 5 mins of takeoff and since it’s one of the only remaining places on earth that you’re forced to be (mostly) offline, I relish the entire flight as the opportune time to read, listen to an audio book or otherwise unplug from work obligations.

9 Likes

Came here to post that, see you’ve already got it covered.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Does the cost of the business class ticket outweigh what you would make in pay for that lost time? I feel like springing the extra hundreds of dollars for a few hours of moderately comfortable work over uncomfortable rest may be a sunk cost.

1 Like

I take any flight as an opportunity not to be disturbed by anyone (which means in the rare cases I connect to Wifi I’m not telling anyone that I plan to do so). I read, listen to music, marathon TV shows, and if I’m on a flight over 7 hours I sleep (for those flights I spring for a business class pod).

2 Likes

If only it were a “few hundred dollars” - for most of my work trips the difference is usually closer to $10,000 round trip. So unless I use miles to upgrade I’m crammed in coach

3 Likes

Why does this read like marketing copy? Smells like a press release.

3 Likes

I’m comforted by the idea that, when the flight hits clear-air turbulence, corrupt lounging sheikhs will be thrown up out of their bed and into the roof of the plane, champagne flutes will topple, foie gras will splash into neighboring cubicles. Corrupt ailing shekhs will debark in neck casts.

2 Likes

The downside of Qatar Airways is that sooner or later you’re going to end up in the slave-built hellhole that is Qatar.

4 Likes

Nah. I usually travel within North America and have a number of projects on the go, at any given time. Given that I only travel a few times a year and that the trips ALWAYS coincide with multiple deadlines, making the upgrade often makes sense.

2 Likes

I dunno… the seats do look like you could get busy in them.

Well if that’s all that business class can offer on Qatar Airways, I’m holding out for first class.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.