? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Um, not to be Captain Obvious, but doesn’t the bacon negate the healthy aspect of eating a veggie burger in the first place?

Unless of course, it’s something like turkey bacon; in which case, it’s just disgusting?

3 Likes

Whoops, did I use the wrong word or what? Didn’t I mean glut? Durrrrr?

2 Likes

Why did I think that was a good idea?

4 Likes

Don’t we call that mortadella? And didn’t Sophia Loren make a movie about it?
Can someone other than me make the obligatory off-color jokes about this poster?

3 Likes

Is that a sausage stuck between them, or is he just REALLY happy to see her?

3 Likes

Why did I think THAT was a good idea?

2 Likes

Hey, can one of you english blokes be a luv and help translate?

Is “May taste like ass in anything above homeopathic levels” the correct English to American translation for the phrase in red?

10 Likes

Isn’t that English for ‘mix with copious slatherings of eel jelly and tripe’?

6 Likes

Have I ever claimed to be logically/ethically consistent?
Don’t I have the t-shirt?

5 Likes

Isn’t that a kind of seaweed?

2 Likes

Not an English bloke, but don’t I know what this is?

Isn’t it a paste made from ground up partially-dried anchovies mixed with fat and herbs? Isn’t it INTENSELY fishy and very salty? Isn’t it also known as “Gentleman’s Relish” for reasons known only to the gods? If my description doesn’t put you off, won’t you probably like it? If you don’t, won’t you want to dispose of it like hazardous waste?

[Edit: aside from editing for anti-Donalding, isn’t this more than you wanted to know?]

4 Likes

Isn’t that assuming that marginalized groups can’t also include people who hold racist beliefs? If anything wasn’t film in the 30s far more racist in nature? What year did Gone with the Wind come out?

Perhaps? Isn’t that interesting to know?

2 Likes

Why would I assume something which is false?

However, isn’t it also the case that people who represent the pinnacle of the ethical standards of their time might produce product which does not fly today? And so, for example, when the Marx Brothers inserted a dance number into Duck Soup which is horribly cringe-inducing to watch nowadays (and possibly even in 1933), but they did it to employ some colleagues they knew and admired from the Vaudeville circuit, how (if at all) shall we use it to judge Groucho, or Hollywood of the day, or Hollywood today?

And - getting back to the the question that started all of this - when we see an intent to cast SJ in GITS, do we really need to decide that either publisher Kodansha is wrong when they say that using a big star like SJ will spread this piece of Japanese culture across the world (and incidentally bring them nice profits which will support their ability to keep publishing such manga), or that the protesters are wrong when they argue that this was an opportunity to correct a Hollywood tradition of underrepresentation of Asian actors and misrepresentation of Asian culture? Or can we continue this discussion (though internationally, and not in the form of questions), and use it as an opportunity to discuss these things, and whether it is SJ or anyone else hope it is a good movie and not offensive aside from the casting, and that it creates exposure for the rest of the cast so they too can have their chance at stardom?

BTW, am I the only person who has found SJ hard to take in everything I’ve ever seen her in except Lost in Translation, Ghost World, and the SNL bit about porcelain fountains?

1 Like

Haven’t I been wondering about that very question? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Future?

13 Likes

It is delicious. The fishy ambrosia of the gods. Mmmm-mmm.

3 Likes

Did you have a question?

4 Likes

9 Likes

Why u no like the King Of All Toast Spreads? It am delicious.

1 Like

7 Likes