? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

?͍̜͇̩́

5 Likes

APL’s a toddle; at least it ain’t MUMPS, right?

4 Likes

When you have a language where sample code online is all offered in images since it can’t even be expressed in human writing, isn’t that a bit more than a toddle?

4 Likes

MUMPS ain’t really human either, is it?

1 Like

And doesn’t APL get you out in the fresh air?

1 Like

What human wouldn’t delight in getting to do a job involving reading this?

You mean when you flee the office never to return?

5 Likes

Can I start a trend of Lebowski’ing people when they seriously need to chillax?

1 Like

Hasn’t the fiddly crazyness of Clearcase administration tempted me to do that?

3 Likes

Wow, how much of your job involves keying all that crazy stuff? What does it mean?!?

3 Likes

Do you know how happy I am that my job doesn’t involve any APL (that’s poor @PatRx2) or MUMPS (though @anotherone does)?

I work in Ruby, Java, and C - isn’t this C from a Linux kernel module fairly intuitive?
if ((flags & TH_ACK) && ((flags & TH_SYN) == 0) && ((flags & TH_RST) == 0) && ((flags & TH_FIN) == 0)) { if (template && atomic_read(&template->capture_mode)) { if (window_probe == MODE_WINDOW_PROBE_TYPE) { log_msg(DBG_PACKETS | DBG_INFO, mk_msg("capture mode on, responding to window probe packet\n", 0)); window = 0; } else { log_msg(DBG_PACKETS | DBG_INFO, mk_msg("capture mode on, not window probe, not responding to packet\n", 0)); return 0; } } else { if (con->window) { window = con->window; } } }

6 Likes

Would I be correct if I said yes, it is fairly intuitive? :upside_down:

Am I not more familiar/comfortable with really long nested formulas in Excel?

4 Likes

Wasn’t it more like a banana who realized a personal time-out was a good idea, but is someone we are all very much looking forward to “seeing” again around these parts?

7 Likes

Wouldn’t it be forthcoming of me to admit that I do not know about that to which you are referring?

Was that not before my time?

ETA:

How many of you natives here are programmers or are in some way affiliated with IT?

4 Likes

Isn’t deliberately obfuscated code gruesome no matter what language it’s written in?

Would you like a link to some much more readable M source , that implements a game of Tetris?

[Edit: Doesn’t the obfuscated example refuse to compile in either of the two most common M implementations? Aren’t there at least four syntax errors, one of which I can’t figure out at all due to the “clever” indirection, and I’m pretty good at this?]

3 Likes

Oh did you just ninja edit that question mark?
And shouldn’t it be if was hard to write it should be hard to understand?

4 Likes

Don’t I always?

Do you know why we Threat Level 3 folks get to edit the topic titles? Doesn’t that seem like a kind of random feature?

5 Likes

Isn’t it that we’re “trusted” enough to make corrections? Doesn’t it sort of backfire since we don’t have permission to post in Boing?

7 Likes

>0?

7 Likes

Isn’t that’s not a negative number greater than zero, though?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it not be unlike that negation if it were not?

No?

5 Likes