? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

This is readable?

Can I just say I am glad there are brave souls like you in this world that keep these things running?

2 Likes

Isn’t cucoloris a magical word?

4 Likes

Are you taking a lighting class?

3 Likes

@daneel have you ever had these?

3 Likes

My job involves APL? I don’t do it just for pleasure?

Isn’t it marvellous how just 5 lines of cantrip code in APL can call forth the Great Old One of your choice, and 6 lines of cantr code can summon an Outer God? Isn’t APL elegant in its inhuman concision? Aren’t those husky young men so darling in their white scrubs?

Can I admit I’m not entirely sure? In my case, does being retired from working for DEC/Compaq/HP (through two takeovers) count? Or do I count as a composer now?

5 Likes

Didn’t I ask my film-nerd spouse “what’s that look in film with the shadows and the highlighting, like in noir films” and wasn’t I given the answer I was looking for? Wasn’t it inspired by the Associate thread?

7 Likes

Aren’t they made by Swizzels Matlow, just up the road from home?

4 Likes

What was the answer?

3 Likes

Isn’t it pretty old-school, but not obfuscated? Perhaps it’s from the days when memory was limited? Isn’t it only one fragment of a larger routine (M-speak for “program”)? Doesn’t it look at arrays named “e” and “n” and return True if there is a collision between the array elements passed to it? Do you have the rest of the routine? Aren’t we getting pretty close to the part where I tell you $150/hr, four hour minimum? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And wouldn’t I rewrite that as:

;; BBS M fragment
; test case 1
set e(1,2,3,4)=1
set n(1,2,3,4)=2
;
d collision(1,2,1)
q
;
collision(r,y,x) ; appears to check for duplicates between the e and n arrays
new i,j,q ; pushes these vars onto the stack so they won’t be overwritten
set q=0 ; Set q to false to force at least one pass through the loop
for i=1:1:4 quit:q ; walk through the lastest elements
.for j=1:1:4 quit:q ; walk through the next-to-lastest element
…set:$g(e(n,r,j,i))&($g(n(y+j,x+i))!(y+j>h!(x+i>w!(x+i<1)))) q=1 ; duplicate element?
quit q ; return the status

because I might have to maintain it someday?

[Edit: why is the code tag eating the leading white space? Doesn’t M have to have that?]

2 Likes

Doesn’t it sound like a spell from Harry Potter?

7 Likes

Yikes; was that a freakin’ quadruple negative???

It does, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Would you be unsurprised to find how undisinclined I would be to answer that if I were not unauthorized to do so?

1 Like

uh… cucoloris uses shaped cutouts to create shadows by blocking light sources… don’t y’all mean the noir technique of using stark contrast for bright highlights and deep shadows that makes stuff look chairoscuro-y?

7 Likes

Bingo?

5 Likes

Is it so wrong that I just looooove Dutch angles?

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this please everyone then?

?

Can a person technically be considered a cucoloris?

Meh, whatevs?

5 Likes

2 Likes

Is it it also a spell that summons cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off?

7 Likes

Does he have cutouts? … Wait, can I retract the question?

3 Likes