Quibi reportedly tanking within days of launch

The video editor in me says you can go to hell with that idea.

8 Likes

Whitman’s only claim to fame was being the CEO of EBay during a period where the only success metric was making sure the building didn’t burn down.

6 Likes

Yeah, I mean Vine failed which was basically the same ethos. “What everyone else is doing, just more bite-sized”.

Tiktok is doing really well, but it legitimately has things going for it nobody else has–great tooling for content makers.

They haven’t learned a damn thing from Vine’s failure.

3 Likes

Here’s the thing, I’d pay a bit extra through netflix to access other platforms (HBO, CBS, etc). I just don’t want to have to subscribe to a million different services to get the shows I’d like to see. I’ll just wait for the DVDs to come out.

south-park-blockbuster-ghost

I looked that up not expecting to find anything… but here we go!

9 Likes

14 Likes

I hear AMC are pretty desperate for a new content provider.

5 Likes

20 minute of ads, then a 6 minute feature. It could work!

3 Likes

Meh. I’m an old (still using two spaces after a full stop. I’ll fight anyone who disagrees!) so I probably wouldn’t understand.

Since this is media player related, I’ll add "For the love of all that is holy, please standardize on a simple volume control, location of same, and one that respects my “Autoplay = no” and “Set volume = max” settings.

5 Likes

A lot of quibbling at Quibi…

4 Likes

Well that’s nice but $2 bn squandered (or distributed back into the economy) is not nearly enough. It’s a shame billionaires didn’t spend more on this failure…

This is the sort of thing everyone needs to keep in mind whenever the subject of executive pay comes up, and we’re told what irreplaceable genius inhabits corporate C-suites.

2 Likes

I actually did read/see quite a bit about it, as it launched, so they didn’t pull a Google, but it clearly wasn’t for me. Although come to think of it, I read reviews, but I’m not sure I saw ads for it or just saw people commenting on how bad the ads were.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.