Quick change artist, Léa Kyle, stumps Penn and Teller

Originally published at: Quick change artist, Léa Kyle, stumps Penn and Teller | Boing Boing

3 Likes

This seems to have some of the same elements, or lineage perhaps, as Biàn Liǎn, which is an amazing art form.

9 Likes

Dupe from August.

7 Likes

In case of geoblocking, here’s a different YouTube link, shared by the magician herself: Léa Kyle, Penn and Teller Fool Us - YouTube

7 Likes

With completely different tags on each. Nice catch.

Same topic, same geoblock.

1 Like

Saw that episode. She was superb!!

1 Like

We’re definitely in “Is this your card?” “Well, yeah” territory here.

1 Like

Have to wonder if she had an assistant reloading when she was spending so much time at the edges of the box. Truly magical.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, there was absolutely assistant assistance with several of the changes. She stood very strategically at the center or edge of the curtain for several changes; in particular on the color changing dress trick it looks like whoever is behind the curtain is in charge of retracting the fabric. Still an astonishing set of changes, though.

2 Likes

Very nice, delivered some well needed goosebumps.

1 Like

I can change my socks and jeans in 30 seconds if I’m in a rush.

It takes my daughters about 10 minutes to get dressed for school.

Kudos to you Ms. Kyle.

3 Likes

To be fair, the judges at school are a lot harsher than Penn and Teller.

4 Likes

Kind of interesting - When Penn is talking at the end, I’m not sure how much she understands. Her translator seems to prompt her to say thank you, and she doesn’t really react to being invited on the show until she sees the big screen behind her.

Which is all just preamble: watching it again, I noticed how difficult Penn’s body language, and spoken language, would be to someone not fluent in English with a lot of adrenaline happening.

1 Like

Person in the box: “my job is to rip layers of clothes off of this lady”…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.