Quiz: Was this painting made by a human artist or ape?

14 Likes

So -this means you don’t like the Russian chicken riding the dinosaur wrench?

I like it! Did your daughter say what she was depicting? Did she name it?

1 Like

Nothing I recall. Sadly it was a very brief period in her artistic career. She’s now 14 and more of a writer. I howled when my wife was giving them away, she’s just not a visual person and didn’t understand how amazing they were.

3 Likes

I got 83%.

The first one made by the non-homo-sapiens-ape (saying humans are also apes makes the differentiation difficult…) is the one that tripped me up. Besides that, I want to say that in this case I have a strong preference for the art made by the apes (and then I mean the ones that could not name their art using the same language I’m using to convey these thoughts to you now).

Things that I considered as differentiators but could not use because of some edge cases:

• Being able to hold a brush and paint using your feet. (some humans do this)
  • Being naked, or overly hairy. (I’m sure some apes got to wear a apron and a baret and some humans are very hairy indeed)
  • Using language (some apes know some sign language)

We are not that different from them at all…

1 Like

The ape got a good attorney after the whole “monkey selfie” copyright crisis.

3 Likes

I was going to say I saw a ducky and a horsie, but I changed my mind.

1 Like

Was this painting made by a human artist or ape?

At first I thought this was going to be an argument for or against the Oxford Comma.

3 Likes

So, is an artist neither a human nor an ape? Or is an artist no longer considered human like a human is no longer considered an ape? Like an artist is beyond basic humanity somehow?

2 Likes

Hoo boy. That thread… 0_o

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.