Raccoon climbs up side of skyscraper as world watches with bated breath, then is captured and released to wild

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/14/raccoon-climbs-up-side-of-skys.html

5 Likes

Are you trawling us with that “baited” breath fishiness?

It’s " 'bated breath" as in “abated breath” as in, “we held our breath” …heathens.

22 Likes

Has anyone considered that this was a protest climb, and that the raccoon may have intended to hurl itself off at the end trailing a NO TARIFFS ON IMPORTED BEER sign.

4 Likes

Testify, brother! This isn’t 'Nam; there are rules.

3 Likes

They really are just like people!

17 Likes

Well no, at least some of us ate old sardines and grapefruit rinds so out breath would be sweet to raccoons. You didn’t?

3 Likes

Bated breath and baited traps.

3 Likes

“Thank You Raccoon, But Our Princess is in Another Castle”

4 Likes

Opinions vary.

“Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.” - Aleister Crowley

“I am the law.” - Sylvester Stallone

Also, irrelevantly:

” I discovered, though, that once having given a pig an enema there is no turning back, no chance of resuming one of life’s more stereotyped roles.” - E.B. White

4 Likes

Trawling? driving trollies?

5 Likes

According to reliable sources on Twitter, #MPRRaccoon has turned down a dinner invitation to the White House, stating she prefers to eat trash from a dumpster that is not on fire.

22 Likes

Don’t forget wet coffee grounds, which complement fish and grapefruit so well…

2 Likes

So back down on the street then?

4 Likes

He was trying to find his missing friend…

8 Likes

4 Likes

Just so it’s clear… When you master the ‘bated breath’ trawl, it’s fishy? And foul?

That one day you lend your jetpack to your friend, and it’s likely why he’s missing…

3 Likes

I wish it was for that reason…

Infinity War spoiler:

Groot was one of those that disappeared in Infinity War when Thanos snapped his fingers

3 Likes

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Bollocks to that.

Coincidentally, this was circulating just a few days ago:

3 Likes

Which fits my theory: it was a drunken, raccoon bet.

“I can climb anything!”
“See that? Betcha can’t climb it.”
“Hold my fermenting, expired orange juice.”

9 Likes