Raccoon snoops around a patio — until an indoor cat gives it a massive jump scare (video)

Originally published at: Raccoon snoops around a patio — until an indoor cat gives it a massive jump scare (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

2 Likes

At my old place there were several raccoons and feral cats around. I have seen them go down the storm drain together. At night I’d hear fighting, and it is hard to tell if they are raccoons and/or cats.

New place is relatively quiet, but one night I heard a ruckus and got to use my newish very bright flash light and shined it up in a tree - and holy crap - there were at least 4 sets of eyes staring back at me, all up in this giant oak.

3 Likes

Cute, but a little spoiled by the Ring ad at the end. “Raccoons are harmless, but the real bandits are your neighbors. Live in isolationist terror with Ring!”

2 Likes

I think I mentioned this before, but we heard a ruckus on our roof one night and when we shined our lights we saw two sets of eyes in vertical orientation.

We felt that we invaded the raccoons’ privacy. :raccoon: :raccoon:

2 Likes

A fine example of the fight or flight reflex. Rocket was getting ready to throw down!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.