Racist robocalls from an Idaho Neo-nazi group plague Floridians

You’re both right! When it started, numbers on the Do Not Call registry expired. Then they were made permanent. Per Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Do_Not_Call_Registry

Unfortunately, despite having skimmed through the “Do-Not-Call Improvement Act,” I couldn’t find anything about treating violators like horse thieves. “Improvement,” riiight.

5 Likes

Since I make a lot of phone calls, I have been trained on the DNC rules, and they are very firm about the threat of a $10,000 fine, to be kept by the offended party. However, they may not have a budget for educating the public. I don’t think this has changed, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Nor a budget for enforcement. The party of law and order is opposed to enforcement.

3 Likes

Yeah. Worse, even making the point you made can get you attacked - just witness Hillary and the whole “deplorable” thing. All she was doing was making the same observation, and it worked against her.

2 Likes

One of those Nazis in the video looked familiar - I think I spotted Dick, who was in more need of a blow job than any white man in history.

1 Like

As a follow-up, at the request of the Alexandria, Virginia police, the Sandpoint PD has apparently tracked the guy down. He’s a real piece of work.

EDIT: Correction, despite this being on the front page of the local paper’s website, this is actually from January. Apparently he’s still at it, though:

3 Likes

Given robodialing probably has an extremely low marginal cost, $10K here and there might just be the cost of doing business to these people. Plus they’d expense it on their taxes.

“Paid for by a profitless shell corporation, which declared bankruptcy ten seconds after the do-not-call judgment came down.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.