Racist trolls moot using "google" as a euphemism for the n-word

GOOD GODS and their various demons!

1 Like

Not always. Being half-wop and having an unusual last name, I can usually ‘pass’. It is true that in seriously WASP-y territory, people can tell I’m not like them, even if they can’t quite guess why.

4 Likes

I still don’t understand the whole Pepe the Frog thing, now this?!
I can’t keep up.

5 Likes

It’s Santorum’s revenge!

8 Likes

so does that mean Lorem Ipsum is a hate group?

14 Likes

For those who lack the courage of their convictions, to own up to being the bigots that they really are?

Totes.

14 Likes

It’s cute how they think this will mean anything.

When people don’t understand what the racists mean, they won’t be able to google the phrase because the search results will turn up thousands of pages of Google branded websites, Google products, Google documentation, discussion about Google services, etc. Do they think Google will let their algorithm rank racist attempts at brand confusion above their official products?

I’m guessing most people would think it’s a term used by Apple fans to insult Android fans.

12 Likes

The Romans did like to carry around fasces.

3 Likes

It is?

Their brilliant plan is to turn “Google” into an offensive term by association using the unlimited influential power of their wriggling masses. It’s not offensive now but it will be once they’re done with it. And then G**gle will have no option but to de-rank itself into oblivion. MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!

You’ll see. A couple hundred years from now people will be fired from jobs for angrily suggesting someone go Google something.

14 Likes

Dumbest. Fucking. Plan. EVER.

14 Likes

Well, not a short form exactly since it’s the same number of letters. Just an intentional misspelling, which companies often employ because it’s easier to enforce copyright trademark claims on a unique business name than a pre-existing word.

9 Likes

I misspoke; lucky for me, most of the members of the site aren’t pedants, or anything…

:wink:

15 Likes

No, that’s butt stuff after Taco Bell.

3 Likes

Colossal trip off topic, here, but it seems like every university has an architectural feature that gets dubbed the “Habitrail”. Wilfrid Laurier had a glassed in hallway to the common area and book store that was so named. University of Waterloo had one in the computer science building. I think Trent had one, but I only went there once, and decided once was enough.

4 Likes

Trademark

1 Like

True, important distinction.

1 Like

I would have made it “YOUR” just to up the trolley level.

15 Likes

How do these morons’ brains manage to move their fingers?

1 Like

Well that seems their plan, but it won’t really work. Like if you and your friends replaced apple juice with “boobies” or something, you might get some laughs among yourselves, but not enough people are going to use it to make any difference.

Though it does show the plasticity of words, how offensive something is often requires context, and depending on the times and cultures what was a genuine insult or lewd 100 years ago is now has little power to offend.

3 Likes