Racist trolls moot using "google" as a euphemism for the n-word

Jake’s burgers on the edge of town, the Deer Park, Klondike Kate’s, and deep sigh, the East End Cafe. I’ve spilt my share of blood, wine, laughs, and tears in that area.

Also: Racists–that gig is weaksauce, you’re nowhere near as pure a snowflake as you might hope to be, and it’s cowardly. Give it up.

3 Likes

Squirrel rainbow hat watch notebook tiger, is all I have to tryst, hot pepper.

9 Likes

If my gay wears jeans on Monday, then what? Don’t keep me in suspense!

6 Likes

You sound like a guy that hates cupmeatloafs.

5 Likes

Met the missus in the Deer Park!

The East End is long gone, but I remember fondly the Celtic music nights there. What a great jam session. And there were those two waitresses who were at the total opposite ends of the competence spectrum…

2 Likes

Why, you, you, you sockdologizing old man-trap!

4 Likes

Let’s just call them AltaVistas, so that our statements don’t get filtered.

20 Likes

Nobody tell them the Google rank algo accounts for context and that this is an extremely trivial case to identify…

4 Likes

You win, thread’s over.

7 Likes

I’m googling something right now. (don’t tell HR)

3 Likes

Why, because they’re relics of the past who secretly wish they could be Googles?

5 Likes

How long before they give up on this tactic?

Well, now I know two comedians to never bother with.

1 Like

5 Likes

Hey, nobody’s calling anybody Geocities on my watch!

5 Likes

Dogpile!

6 Likes

Definitely. What I wonder about though is how people decide where the reason for offence lies. People seem to be really inconsistent how much of it is the word, or the intentions of the speaker. Since the word nXggXr is simply a corruption of a word for “black”, it seems that the problem most have with it is not its literal meaning, but that it is often meant as an insult. That’s perfectly understandable. But it’s also what we are seeing here - if google doesn’t mean anything insulting except for the insulting intentions of the speaker, then how is it any better/worse?

Probably a lot less polarizing, consider how in the early 20th century, many African-Americans considered being called “black” quite offensive and preferred the term “negro”. And then in the later 20th century this popularly inverted. Taking language as literally as I do, it is hard for me to understand why people will accept or reject words with nearly identical literal meanings. Even outside of the hot, polarizing issues of race, how saying fricking instead of fucking is fine, when as a direct substitution it apparently means the same thing. People are weird.

I would be interested to read accounts of people here about if they have had any static in their personal lives with older or younger members preferring or using different terms.

3 Likes

Is that a real word? If so, bring it back. If not, make it so.

4 Likes

Hey Now.

Pickle Squirt Rhubarb is OUR word. You can’t go around calling people “PSR”

It don’t work that way.

I don’t care how many middle-aged, white IT guys you know.

I don’t care if they are cool with you coming up to them all, “What’s up, my Pisser?”

You just don’t throw the PSR Words around like that in public.

PEACE

7 Likes
2 Likes