Rainforest mammal spotted 3,000 miles away in Washington state

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/01/rainforest-mammal-spotted-3000-miles-away-in-washington-state.html

8 Likes

Posted by Allan Rose Hill

Not sure if those images are cute or terrifying. In any event, I can imagine my wife smuggling one home :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Definitely NOT to be confused with a honey badger.

4 Likes

Y’all can buy the official word on that being a “kinkajou” but I know a chupacabra when I see one.

4 Likes

[Vivo | Official Trailer | Netflix (youtube.com)]

2 Likes

Washington does have rainforests. Just not tropical ones. Maybe this critter just took a wrong turn at Albuquerque?

8 Likes

The’ts the Arctic Llinaarboreal Kinkajoo there, ‘es jus pinin’ for the Fijords.
Well, that’s 99 rainforest power poles not accomodated, and one zoo adoption. [Google maps: appears to pan over WA until a rainforest is located, and the rainforest is seen, on zooming in, to be made of 99 power poles made out of native rainforest.]

2 Likes

I didn’t think this critter wandered 3000 miles, but is probably someone’s escaped/abandoned pet.

2 Likes

I just visited the Hoh Rain Forest last month! Definitely a life highlight. A couple of rangers in Washington told me it’s on their bucket lists. There’s a one-hour line to get in as the parking lots are limited.

Between the park boundary and the Pacific Ocean, 48 km (30 mi) of river, much of the forest has been logge…

Time to rematriate this beautiful land

2 Likes