A Kentucky man finds a mysterious "super friendly" monkey on his porch

Originally published at: A Kentucky man finds a mysterious "super friendly" monkey on his porch | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Yeah, I had that hallucination once too.

15 Likes

New thread: pictures of happy monkeys who don’t know who their senators are.

19 Likes

Let me get this straight…Kentucky has a primate rescue center!?

21 Likes

Crackers and peanuts? What’s a primate gotta do to get some fresh fruit or some juicy grubs?

15 Likes

Well, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.

13 Likes

200w-2

20 Likes

“A Kentucky family thought grandpa was crazy, or kidding, when he said there was a monkey at his house.”
Let us be clear: just because there was actually a monkey does NOT mean that grandpa is not crazy.

20 Likes

Kentucky, unlike neighboring Indiana, has quite restrictive laws when it comes to owning exotic animals. Whoever monkey this belongs to, they’re probably going to get into trouble.

7 Likes

just saying, Kentucky is no environment for a Capuchin monkey.

12 Likes

Poor little git; all on his lonesome.

5 Likes

“Super Friendly Monkey”, the name on his little ID tag, was until just a few days ago the ship’s mascot on the Ever Given. Super bored with just sitting there in the Suez Canal it jumped ship, hitchhiked to Cairo as only a monkey can do, caught a flight to Berlin then to Newark on an FedEx air freighter, then caught a redeye to Louisville. How it got from Louisville out to that country home’s porch remains a mystery… Word is “Super Friendly Monkey” is now making his way back to the ship having heard it has been unstuck… When asked about his status, Federal Wildlife Service agents noted that he was up on all his vaccinations, was a well known international traveler, passport was in order and was free to travel on his own. End of story.

10 Likes

I figured that the monkey was the engineer in that scenario.

4 Likes

You know those monkeys never reveal their qualifications… “ship’s mascot” sounded a bit sketchy to me… probably just an able bodied seaman, though I might suspect he works in the galley when no one is watching…

7 Likes

Reminds me of a film… Can’t make it out… was it 12 Monkeys? Or Outbreak? Anyway, one of those documentaries.

5 Likes

It’s mine. I bought it mail order.

monky

[ETA: damned porch pirates musta got it.]

9 Likes

CSB
Worked as a cart-pusher/cashier at a grocery store in FL back in HS right next to a rain run-off ditch (swamp). The usual local drunk walks in and says “There’s a big friggin gator crawlin around the cars out there! Oh, and can I get two $5 scratches and a few nips?”
Me: yeah, yeah, sure. That’ll be $20
Him: But what about the croc?
Me: I’ll have someone check on it (I just ignored it because I’ve heard crazier stuff out of this guy.
5 min
FL man walks in and says "There’s a gator in your lot! You gonna call animal control, or can I take it? It’s only a 5 footer. Good for grilling’ "
I point to my manager since I wasn’t paid enough to deal with this BS. I was tempted to tell the guy to take it if he brought me a sample (I hadn’t tried gator at that point yet).
/CSB

6 Likes

It’s all fun and games until someone gets head lice.

Simpsons

3 Likes

Maybe it’s Ross’ monkey from Friends? I remember it being pretty super friendly, although quite mischievous at times!

1 Like

This one?

4 Likes