A Kentucky man finds a mysterious "super friendly" monkey on his porch

OH MAN, THAT’S ON BLU-RAY?!

j/k :joy:

1 Like

Ross’s monkey was a white-faced capuchin. The Kentucky monkey looks like a tufted capuchin

I spent some time around wild capuchins at a field station in Costa Rica long ago. They’re amazing animals and really smart, but the wild males aren’t so friendly as the young female monkey in the story. I got a kick out of a 10 lb monkey always threatening and trying to intimidate me when I came close, but always backed off because hey I was in his yard not the other way around

4 Likes

Sure. Super friendly. Until he rips that kid’s face off.

2 Likes

Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

1 Like
3 Likes

a mysterious super friendly monkey

I thought that article was going to head in an entirely different direction truth be told

1 Like

Until it ransacks their trashcan like a racoon.

1 Like

There’s a reason that if you see a monkey interacting with people in a movie or tv show its virtually always a capuchin (even when its supposed to be an old-world monkey*). They can do damage like any monkey, but they’re really smart and trainable. A female capuchin thats used to people (this one already had a collar) is as safe as it gets.

Still, if you see a monkey on your porch your first thought should not be to try to pet it. It should probably be that it could rip your face off

ETA: *Both Outbreak and Indiana Jones which have clips posted in this thread cast a capuchin as an African monkey

4 Likes

Was is it Ricky?

1 Like

Off-Topic, but…

“I don’t like this change in you, Alan.”

Something something ass pennies.

This guy sure needs eating more fibers!

1 Like

Mysterious monkey in the woods befriends child? I think I’ve seen this movie.

3 Likes

I regard your actions as inimical to good fellowship!

• Basil Rathbone in Comedy of Terrors
1 Like

Until it intercepts and consumes poisoned food while you are hunting for the Ark of the Covenant.

3 Likes

Oh shit, another documentary.

Those dream sequences and the feeling of rage? Feels pretty much like my life currently.

1 Like

It sure does! A friend of mine is on the board.

(Kentucky contains multitudes.)

2 Likes

I hope we get well soon! We can´t stand another year with covid looming around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.