RC fighter planes land on an RC aircraft carrier

I had one of those!

No I mean the planes would go around, ie, abort their landings, fly a circuit and make a new attempt. With good pilots and aircraft I think thats reasonably safe. As with full size carrier operations they would apply full power on landing. They could train on land as well.

I was going to send this video to a friend in Melbourne who does radio controlled naval battles, but with the quadcopters its a bit underwhelming. The group he is in use miniature cannons on scale model boats and they really do wreck each other’s models.

3 Likes

I was going to quibble with Air Force planes landing on a carrier (and the Navy insignia on at least one of them,) but TIL there actually was a naval variant under consideration before the whole program got canned.

Oh, yeah. Flying to Burbank a/p from Utah is… an interesting experience: A port side window seat gets you kind of a straight down – SEEMINGLY vertical – view to the ground (!!!) as the a/c rolls big-time to the left as it threads through the mountains as one nears Burbank. For me, a not so small price to pay to avoid using LAX .

1 Like

I’ve always admired UK (and Canadian) livery on their aircraft.

6 Likes

I’ve yet to fly in or out of there, but on a trip to LA 17 years ago, we drove up Mulholland Dr., stopped to get out, and watched 737s across from us and then below us descending into BUR. I want to be on one of those…

I’ve also flown into, but not out of, SNA so I’ve missed the bat-out-of-hell climb out of there.

1 Like

I think they should be required to play this music inside SCIF rooms. You know, just to remind everyone that, whatever they’re doing in there, it’s serious work. Mission critical!

2 Likes

i always liked the BUR to LAS flight

Those are helicopters, not “fighter planes.”

1 Like

The roundels? The Aussies have a similar one too:

As do the Kiwis:

4 Likes

That’s got to be about the least inspiring animal imaginable for an airforce. Even the kangaroo can at least hop.

6 Likes

It looks really nice on both their aircraft, though.

6 Likes

Shhh! You’re not supposed to mention the secret plane.

5 Likes

One time the Soutwest pilot slammed into the runway. He yelled, “TAKE THAT, BURBANK!”

Good times.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Hey! I loosed my conscious sight after licking a toad while riding a bike for a delivery company that was flying aircraft internationally. But that was for a full-scale Hollywood Motion Picture Model, so you’re probably not as psyched, huh?

My email is flarg.bottlecapper.thesecond@uk.co.bbc

Let’s get together and make some magic,

Flarg

5 Likes

Hey! Shitty Kitty! Called that barge home for 3 years. That model needs some cat walks and sponsons.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.