Re-imagining Jar Jar Binks as the evil Sith Lord he was always meant to be

Originally published at: Re-imagining Jar Jar Binks as the evil Sith Lord he was always meant to be | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Jarth Dar Dar

11 Likes

It’s all so clear now!

Binks
Sinks
?
?
?
Snoke

3 Likes

Even the artists couldn’t take the eye stalks seriously.

4 Likes

eye stalks aren’t evil? seem kinda evil to me(esa).

3 Likes

6 Likes

Darth Darth Binks

7 Likes

For what little it’s worth, the online rant I read years ago outlining how Jar Jar really was meant to be the bad guy had me quite sold on the concept.

It would have been something if it were the truth and Lucas stuck to his guns; who knows what Star Wars fandom would have went through.

7 Likes

:trophy:

3 Likes
7 Likes

Isn’t this the plot of Foundation and Empire?

7 Likes

I came late to the Foundation party, and wow did Lucas love Asimov.

5 Likes

Star Wars and Marvel are both Disney, so can’t they do this story on “What If…?”

2 Likes

There seems to be plenty of room within the SW universe that some untrained exceptionally sensitive force users experience the force as “exceptionally good luck”, such as Han Solo, who seemed to be really lucky a lot of the time, reacts to things before they happen, and is incredibly good at talking his way out of trouble.

We also know Lucas was exceptionally inspired by Japanese and Chinese cinema; more than even the serials that he talked about a lot.

You can’t tell me that a lot of Jar Jar Bink’s fight scenes are not HEAVILY influenced by Jackie Chan’s performance in Drunken Master. (And I mean, it’s a legendary movie. No shame in being inspired by a great movie like that. Not even kidding; if you haven’t seen it, you really must watch it.)

I also kind of feel that this heel turn and a revelation during the Revenge of the Sith that he was Palpatine’s Master, that the entire trilogy had been him manipulating the Jedi into betraying the government and putting said government into his Padawan’s hands… would have been the only way to redeem Jar Jar’s character.

7 Likes

None at all?

Would they have been worse?

2 Likes

Could they have been worse?

Yes, much worse. People are unreasonably hostile to the sequel trilogy, I think.

“Whosa laughing now?”

2 Likes

“Mesa not the Sith you lookee for.”

Much, much worse.

6 Likes