Reboot of The Office is in the works

Originally published at: Reboot of The Office is in the works | Boing Boing

But it already WAS a reboot?

21 Likes

Netflix Seriously GIF by Stranger Things

11 Likes

Is this a scheme to avoid paying writers by using the same scripts as the last time, or just the usual warmed-over leftovers as a substitute for originality?

8 Likes

13 Likes

Awkward The Office GIF

5 Likes

Are You Kidding Me Season 4 GIF by The Office

9 Likes

I am so excited for phase 4 of the Dunderverse where we find out Dunder Mifflin has become a giant multinational conglomeration with offices around the globe (each with their own cast of quirky characters) supplying every manor of product imaginable.

6 Likes

The writers got to strike, and the actors got to strike. Do the viewers get to strike against watching the same old tired sequels and reboots for the rest of eternity?

13 Likes

Waiting for some brilliant TV guy to suggest it should be set in the UK.

8 Likes

I think when asking that tricky question you knew full well someone would say…

[insert ‘why not both?’ gif]

Hmm - but where?
:thinking:
I know - Slough! It has the perfect combination of despair and depression needed.

What’s that you say?

Betjeman was ahead of his time - it could have been written with the Office characters in mind.

5 Likes

ted-lasso-middle-finger

3 Likes

I was thinking, hey, it’s been done in the UK and USA…how about a Canadian setting this time. Maybe a spinoff of Letterkenny?

Letterkenny GIF by Crave

7 Likes

Like the remake of Sandford & Son?

1 Like

I expected more Sooty in that show.

2 Likes

An English Canada version of La Job?

1 Like

What? His name is Corbett. So was that guy in the Sooty Show. I expected puppets!

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning that that; it lead me to finding this page of “The Office From Around The World”.

3 Likes

No love for Ronnie? :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

The Canadian show The Newsroom was a lot like The Office, right? Although it first aired in 1996 so really the original UK version of the show may have been ripping them off.

1 Like