Record 3.5 tons of pangolin scales seized in China

Maybe. But a real rabbit’s foot wouldn’t crush the same way as a hollow plastic bubble. Which was how I tested them in high school. Just to prove people wrong, because I was that asshole.

Bones crunch. Plastic bubbles go “pop” and there’s a dent that you can work back out by squeezing it along different lines.

Could be the fur is real though.

1 Like

Besides, how much effort and cost goes into raising an animal, slaughtering them, and doing half-decent taxidermy on a foot that had to be cut off intact, versus getting an injection molded plastic bubble from china?

1 Like

Oh, well these things were not hollow plastic. I’ve held one and it felt like it had a bone structure under there, although admittedly I don’t think I tried to crush it. Still could have been fake though.

2 Likes

Where the hell does the “lucky rabbit’s foot” idea come from anyway?

I’m pretty sure the rabbit wasn’t lucky after it was killed and dismembered for the sake of human entertainment and superstition.

1 Like

To be fair to the manufacturers of rabbit’s feet from real rabbits, I think it’s highly likely that most of the rest of the rabbit was sold for food.

5 Likes

Look, say what you will about rhino horn and tiger penis, but I can verify that pangolin scales are very effective at improving my erections.

Unfortunately it’s very time consuming to glue all those scales on one-by-one.

6 Likes

I’m guessing you and @LDoBe are at least a decade apart. In the '70s there were real ones around.

4 Likes

How about bottled water is superior to tap water? This doesn’t pick on animals in particular, but whacks whole ecosystems what with micro bits of plastic accumulating in our oceans. We North Americans get no pass.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.