Red Sonja artist Frank Thorne dead at 90

I think LJM is also ignoring the fact that female superheroes would be just as empowering, and I’d say more so, if they could wear proper clothes.

8 Likes

Also, I think this also goes back to the male gaze. Dress in and of itself is not inherently empowering or disempowering. It’s how we live in a society that expects us to dress not for ourselves, in whatever makes us comfortable, but in what’s deemed acceptable and proper in the eyes of men.

9 Likes

Absolutely. My first thought when I looked at the picture attached to this post was, “My goodness, are we sure her boobs are big enough?” Because it seems I am sarcastic even in my internal monologue.

8 Likes

Wondering Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

8 Likes

I didn’t even clock it that the person you’re addressing has anecdotal “evidence” confused with verifiable facts.

7 Likes

You didn’t write it in a vacuum. Disagreement works both ways.

8 Likes

You are confusing being empowered with feeling empowered. The former is what I said. The latter is what you said.

The fact is that media like this is deeply damaging to women and our ability to be taken seriously in society as anything other than sexual objects.

6 Likes

kurt angle wrestling GIF by WWE

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.