Reddit's Trumpkins on the Vegas shooting, before and after they learned it was a rich old white man

They said something interesting on NPR this morning. Most spree killers are disaffected crazies first, and adopting an ideology to support killing a mess o’ strangers is often an afterthought.

16 Likes
5 Likes

Is there a special card for mass shooting bingo that we switch to after we find out it was a white, Christian, American citizen, male who did the killings :question:

10 Likes

THIS. This x1000.

Also, not all thought or belief systems embrace ignorance and close mindedness. Some are actually open to other people and ideas and embrace science and logic and inclusiveness and compassion.

Only certain ideologies thrive off of reducing education, fighting science, and exclusively only caring about people who look, think, and act the same, and suppressing anyone who is different.

America is unfortunately divided between these two camps.

20 Likes

I think you are confusing cause and effect? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: damage had to already be there. hee hee.

4 Likes

The concept that anyone anywhere would think that a uniformly negative ideology and worldview that’s based on hurting people being a good thing is why we have divisions in this country, indeed.

7 Likes

How soon did they fall back to the mentally ill position?

(Recycled from a previous shooting.)

28 Likes

He’s already dead - he killed himself before cops could storm his hotel room.

1 Like

No, because instead of the bingo tumbler, it’s the tables that turn and you have to play with your shoes on the other foot.

3 Likes

Evil is a notion, like good. It’s a platonic ideal. I’m not convinced these are things a person can “be.” We are all products of our karma, or causative factors, be they physical, mental, environmental, etc.

Anyone who goes bananas and murders a bunch of strangers is a sick, sick puppy. I feel bad for their victims, and I also feel bad for them.

7 Likes

This gif has been needed way too many times in recent weeks.
BB just needs to put in in the banner.

7 Likes

And these are the people we are supposed to be having logical discussions with? Really?

11 Likes

I meant Trump.

2 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10/03/president-trump-las-vegas-shooter-sick-and-demented-man/23231253/

10 Likes

I don’t disagree; I was attempting to answer the question in the asker’s frame of reference.

1 Like

“Didn’t Alex Jones warn of an impending false flag?”

This is what I would like to define as “crazy insurance.” Meaning: if nothing that could be called a “false flag” happens people will just forget about the bad prediction, but if it does happen then BINGO, “Alex Jones knew it was coming!”

16 Likes

Takes one to know one.

8 Likes

When someone realises that they’ve been a hardcore asshole and should go fuck themselves, of course they’re going to double down on the asshole thing. The moment when you see your hideous reflection is the last time you want to think about returning to the surface world.

Much easier to scuttle back into the bowels of reddit, where you and the other startled mole persons can reassure one another that you have some dignity left.

4 Likes

So why are islamist attacks never false flags?

6 Likes