Regal promises security-theater bag-searches in America's largest cinema chain

That’s quite a leap there.

How so? It’s the subject of the thread.

I can’t see any suggestions of them ‘checking’ bags as in taking them away. It’s all about searching them.

From Regal’s own Admittance Procedures

Backpacks/Packages/Bags: Security issues have become a daily part of our lives in America. Regal Entertainment Group wants our customers and staff to feel comfortable and safe when visiting or working in our theatres. To ensure the safety of our guests and employees, backpacks and bags of any kind are subject to inspection prior to admission. We acknowledge that this procedure can cause some inconvenience and that it is not without flaws, but hope these are minor in comparison to increased safety.

Do they check pockets too? I dislike bags but like tactical vests and cargo pants; the total carrying capacity can be pretty significant.

So if I wanted to shoot up a theater, I would be deterred by an unarmed minimum-wage worker seeing my weapon?

Bullshit.

1 Like

Aren’t they doing you a favor?

1 Like

My theater must hate me as a customer-- I go see half priced showings on Wednesday, and I don’t eat or drink at the movies. It’s not very crowded, either.

You’re keeping the lights on. The crowds are the gravy.

1 Like

As if I needed another reason not to go. I already only see 1-2 movies at the theatre per year (usually only when my wife drags me to a movie). But having to go through airport security for the privilege of spending a ton of money? No thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.