Relaxing infinite driving simulation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/15/relaxing-infinite-driving-simulation.html

1 Like

Déjà vu (Reboing)

5 Likes

This is mainly how I play GTA V, as I use a mod to turn off everything (people, other cars) except the animals. Just drive and explorer the environment, mellow times indeed.

3 Likes

pretty sure if i played, there would be jammed traffic and whackos all over the road.

1 Like

SEE ALSO:

2 Likes

Let’s not forget:

(depending on your definition of “relaxing”)

9 Likes

Immediately drove towards, and off the edge of the map. Also discovered that a coach bus can, in fact, drive across the bottom of a large lake and emerge unscathed on the other side!

5 Likes

Most Lake District roads are a lot narrower than depicted in the game.

1 Like

Year ago, for iOS, there was a casual flight simulator by Bottle Rocket, called Wings. One picked a biome, and one flew over a seemingly infinite landscape with a terribly short field of view blocked by a not so distant fog that allowed old devices to render in realtime.

Source: Youtube clip of Wings Earth, by Bottle Rocket Games, iPhone games - Wings Earth: Flight Simulator Experience posted by user iphoneappstar on 2009 10 098

I find these kind of no consequence simulation/travel games soothing, so I’ll give this one a go. I just wish there was equivalent kind of casual flight simulator app to day, but perhaps this driving app will fill that void in my life.

2 Likes

Nice one. Let’s make a list of moderately engaging online things that kan keep you focused during a zoom/teams/meet call:

1. Slow roads
4 Likes

I did something wrong.

4 Likes

Wrong is entirely subjective.

4 Likes

Who ever put that picture up as a “relaxing drive” has never hit black ice on a corner…

Or, probably, never worked their way along a road in a white-out at night with the Braille method (rumbling on the left? that’s the shoulder, steer slightly right… never do that, of course… well, do that, but never put yourself in a spot where you have to…:roll_eyes: Hint: this approach doesn’t work on gravel roads. )

At least the game is missing the existential terror of clearly DUI dump-truck drivers coming the other way while on their cell phones.

2 Likes

I was trying to get underwater too.
Have you got the “Spy Who Loved Me” edition?

3 Likes

No, I’m just that bad of a driver. :wink:

3 Likes

This is how Tesla’s next model is going to look like, isn’t it.

3 Likes

They should add Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal roaming the countryside. But keep him very rare so no one believes you if you said you’ve seen him.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.