Remarkably preserved dinosaur fossil

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/16/remarkably-preserved-dinosaur.html

2 Likes

I am hoping that careful analysis will show that dinosaurs had Put Me in the Zoo spots.

1 Like

Won’t they be shocked when its stony eyelid opens.

7 Likes

I was just in Moab. Utah to visit Arches Nat Park and Canyon Lands Nat Park and when you look down through all those layers of time it’s completely mind blowing to think that these creatures roamed the Earth. Sand dunes once a mile deep in places, deep saltwater oceans in the middle of the US, meteor strikes, giant lizards, It’s all so amazing!

7 Likes

Well, it’s only 6000 years old at most, so its not surprising it’s in good shape.

4 Likes

Bumps and crevasses? We used to call those…

2 Likes

That almost seems too good to be true.

Oh. They’ve encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.

2 Likes

I got to see this thing being prepped over the last few years!

It’s one of the most amazing things I’ve seen. You get right nose-to-nose with it, and it’s just so present, like it could come alive at any moment.

I love that museum; if you ever find yourself in Alberta, take a detour to Drumheller :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.