Remember when conservatives were terrified of Big Government violently interfering with families?

“In the name of family values we must ask, whose family” - Lou Reed

“By God we have a name for people like that
               It’s, hey, motherfucker”

You aren’t wrong. For anyone who’d like to have a better understanding of the these people and how they think, I’d encourage you to read Professor Altemeyer’s excellent book “The Authoritarians” (Link to PDF)

3 Likes

Remember the screams from the right about Obama and FEMA camps? The ‘projection’ party.

4 Likes

I grew up in this type of environment. Religious endoctrination all day, every day. I knew, even at an early age these assholes would be dangerous. At 15 I started openly questioning their means and their motives. Right before I turned 18 I was kicked out of the house. Never looked back.

7 Likes

Remember when conservatives were reasonable, logical and smart?
Neither do I. If conservatives had been the driving force in human societies since the early beginnings, we’d still be banging stones together, hoping that someday, somehow we’d discover how to make fire.

1 Like

Yes, it was before 1980. Sure they were conservative, but they weren’t batshit-crazy fascists and religious maniacs. There’s still a few of them in the wild in the Northeast. If he hadn’t drunk his own Kool-Aid trying to raise his profile for a presidential bid Christie would have fit that description. Bush 41 was another reasonable technocrat who sold his soul to the crazies.

1 Like

I’d put it at 1968 at least. That’s when the Southern Strategy came into play as the party actively started to court the Know-Nothing 27% to ensure their margin.

5 Likes

Member when GOP criticizes Clinton for trying to take Elian Gonzalez away from his father

4 Likes

Noooo, they only ever cared about caucasian families, more specifically the persecuted christian subset.
But families seeking asylum from our fascist, failed state allies? Never.

Remember when dunking on right-wing hypocrisy was an effective means of defeating it?

Anyone? Bueller?

Yeah, me neither.

This sort of thing helps to confirm liberals in their feelings of moral and intellectual superiority, but that’s about it. It has never been an effective political strategy.

Conservatives see no contradiction in their statements and policies, because their definition of “people” is limited to their in-groups. Rights are for me, not for thee.

The fash already know that they’re hypocritical arseholes. They don’t care.

5 Likes

That’s not a steepled church, it’s a government building wearing a Klan hood.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.